• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Schoenberg – A Survivor from Warsaw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Socrates
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Schoenberg – A Survivor from Warsaw Reply with quote

Hoping someone has the 1st trumpet(maybe the rest too) part to "A Survivor from Warsaw" by Schoenberg. I've got this coming up in April and would like to get a head start.

Thanks!
Danbassin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Schoenberg – A Survivor from Warsaw Reply with quote

Socrates wrote:
Hoping someone has the 1st trumpet(maybe the rest too) part to "A Survivor from Warsaw" by Schoenberg. I've got this coming up in April and would like to get a head start.

Thanks!

Good luck!

This is a rental-only work, and even Schoenberg's score isn't tremendously helpful, as his late works tend to be laid out in a 'compressed score' partially due to his declining eyesight. So, if you've ever seen a Grainger score where everything falls across four or five lines with marginal notes for who is playing what, this is basically what you have in this Schoenberg score.

I hope someone can come through for you, but this message is more of a warning - get your hands on a copy of the score (libraries are amazing things) and listen to a bunch of recordings in order to find out when you're 'on' - it's a masterpiece! Where's the gig? Who's doing the narration?

Best,
-DB
Monette - CORNETTE/PranaXLT-STC Bb/MC-35/Raja A Piccolo;
Kromat C-Piccolo; Thein G-Piccolo; Various antique horns
MPCs - Monette Unity 1-7D and DM4LD
uvcruv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject: Schoenberg � A Survivor from Warsaw Reply with quote

Bumping this...

If anybody by any remote chance has the 2nd trumpet part to this, PLEASE send a scan over. We (Israel Philharmonic) are playing this tomorrow and due to last minute COVID personnel changes the part has gone missing. An urgent message has been sent to the publisher as well, but I am hoping maybe someone here can help...

Thanks!
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Schoenberg � A Survivor from Warsaw Reply with quote

uvcruv wrote:
Bumping this...

If anybody by any remote chance has the 2nd trumpet part to this, PLEASE send a scan over. We (Israel Philharmonic) are playing this tomorrow and due to last minute COVID personnel changes the part has gone missing. An urgent message has been sent to the publisher as well, but I am hoping maybe someone here can help...

Thanks!

I'm seeing a score but no parts on IMSLP.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: