• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Using "Marketplace"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swinks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Using "Marketplace" Reply with quote

I am new to Trumpetherald and this is my first attemp at posting.

I am seeking advice on how to sell a trumpet using marketplace. These questions are directed to members who have sold and purchased trumpets using marketplace.
1. How many trumpets have you sold/purchased in Marketplace?
2. How do you handle the exchange of money and garuntee a successful transaction?
3. What is the best method for receiving payment?
3. How many days, if any, do you give the buyer to return the trumpet if they don't want to keep it?
4. What is the best delivery service? (FedEx vs UPS or others)
5. How do I grab buyer's attention to look at my ad.
6. What is a typical turn around from date of posting to final purchase?
7. Should I have the trumpet on more than one marketplace or is it best to use one at a time?

Answer as many questions as you are able. I am looking forward to your advice and learning from your experiences.

kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Using "Marketplace" Reply with quote

swinks wrote:
What is the best method for receiving payment?

I use PayPal exclusively.

Quote:
What is the best delivery service? (FedEx vs UPS or others).

I have used both, lean towards FedEx but that could just be a local preference and not affecting a universal preference. I'm not sure it matters on a general scale, might locally.

Quote:
Should I have the trumpet on more than one marketplace or is it best to use one at a time?

It's an administrative matter. How many can you keep track of at the same time?

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
swinks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Using "Marketplace" Reply with quote

kehaulani,
Good Advice.
Thanks for your input.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before someone else mentions it, there is a five post rule here regarding use of the marketplace. The idea is that people here prefer to buy from or sell to people who have made contributions to TH, and are not just looking for a free sales website.

You can either participate here for a while before using the marketplace, or do as others have done; make five brief posts in order to use it. It’s your choice, but some of us here are hesitant to buy or sell to someone who is not “known” to the TH community.

Best of luck, I hope you choose to become a participating member.

Brad
chef8489
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Using "Marketplace" Reply with quote

"I am new to Trumpetherald and this is my first attemp at posting.

I am seeking advice on how to sell a trumpet using marketplace. These questions are directed to members who have sold and purchased trumpets using marketplace.

2. How do you handle the exchange of money and garuntee a successful transaction?
Make sure to talk over the phone to ensure a legit deal.

3. What is the best method for receiving payment?
Paypal

4. How many days, if any, do you give the buyer to return the trumpet if they don't want to keep it?
Depends usually 7-14 days.

5. How do I grab buyer's attention to look at my ad.
You dont you can not advertise horns you have for sale in the forums you can only post an ad in the marketplace.

6. What is a typical turn around from date of posting to final purchase?
As a new seller with no reputation in the forum depends on how good a deal you have. If not an outstanding deal dont expect them to sell fast as you are an unknown. People go with people that contribute to the forums and trusted sellers over new people unless it is a great deal.
swinks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Using "Marketplace" Reply with quote

Thank you Brad361 and chef8489.
It looks like I need to spend a little more time getting to know people in the forum and sharing some of my trumpet experiences before I try to sell a horn. I just bought a new trumpet and need to find good venues to place my old horn on the market.
Your input has been very helpful.
swinks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Using "Marketplace" Reply with quote

What section of the forum is the best to mingle and get to know everyone?
chef8489
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Using "Marketplace" Reply with quote

swinks wrote:
What section of the forum is the best to mingle and get to know everyone?

For trumpet related the horns section is always good. For off topic the lounge is good. You can post videos you like in the videos section and talk about them. Everything is labeled pretty well. When in doubt place it where you think it belongs and if in wrong place a mod can move it and will let you know for future reference. Welcome to the forum. You can start off with an introduction in the lounge and tell a bit about yourself.. Thats always a great way to start.
swinks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Using "Marketplace" Reply with quote

Thanks.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Using "Marketplace" Reply with quote

swinks wrote:
Thank you Brad361 and chef8489.
It looks like I need to spend a little more time getting to know people in the forum and sharing some of my trumpet experiences before I try to sell a horn. I just bought a new trumpet and need to find good venues to place my old horn on the market.
Your input has been very helpful.

Sounds like a great plan, welcome to TH!

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: