• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mnozil Brass US Tour Feb. 2018. Don't see exact schedule yet

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noble Brass

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gansch is phenomenal. Didn't know they were coming back soon. In NYC at the same time, so we're booking it. Thanks for this!
Karin H.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mnozil Tickets are on sale for 2018 US tour ! Check www.Mnozilbrass.at Termine (shows)
Karin H.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK MNOZIL BRASS tix (with Salvation army band at Centennial Memorial temple in 14th street, Manhattan, NYC) on sale NOW. Go to Mnozil Brass site for link to buy tix.
Turkle
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any TH members going to the Jersey show? We should maybe have a meetup for a beer prior to the show. Cheers
Steve A
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noble Brass wrote:
Gansch is phenomenal. Didn't know they were coming back soon. In NYC at the same time, so we're booking it. Thanks for this!

I saw them for the first time in Vienna in October, and was struck by something - I was expecting Thomas Gansch to be fabulous (and he was!), but the youtube videos (and DVDs) didn't really do justice to just how good they all sound! I was particularly impressed by the warmth and depth of Roman Rindberger's sound, but even singling that out is kind of unfair - they were amazing, across the board.
Turkle
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jersey show is tomorrow! Anyone else going to be there? I'm stopping at Dillon Music on the way to shop for goodies...
interfx
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to see them in Auburn, AL area on the 28th... Anyone from ATL area going?
USNABtpt

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turkle
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show in Jersey was incredible last night. What a great show! See them on this tour if you can!!

(I also stopped at Dillon Music on the way to try some trumpets. The Stomvi instruments - VRII Lightweight and S3 Big-bell - were absolutely incredible, first-rate horns. Wow.)
tptptp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the Charlotte concert tonight. Fantastic experience!
tomba51
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also in Charlotte. I agree with the above poster - it was fantastic! An awesome combination of musicianship, virtuosity, showmanship, mime, comedy, and performance art.

There was an excellent brass quintet entertaining in the lobby before the concert, and then a low brass ensemble was there during intermission.

My one disappointment - the auditorium was not close to being full! There were plenty of available seats in the orchestra section and the mezzanine was practically empty. Mnozil Brass rarely tours the U.S., and they are regarded as one of the best brass ensembles out there, so how could this not have been a sellout?
dr_trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomba51 wrote:

My one disappointment - the auditorium was not close to being full! There were plenty of available seats in the orchestra section and the mezzanine was practically empty. Mnozil Brass rarely tours the U.S., and they are regarded as one of the best brass ensembles out there, so how could this not have been a sellout?

I have been the ITG Calendar Editor since 1998 and have never been able to get any information from them. They post on their own site more recently, but historical requests to them have consistently gone unanswered. Wish they would help, because I would love to provide information in a time and way that more could attend. I live in the midwest, and they appeared in concert three times less than two hours away in recent years, and yet I never heard until after the concerts were over. Anyone got a contact with them that will reach me to help this happen?

Thanks!

Al
Arranger/Composer; Lilly Music
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomba51 wrote:

Some years back when they were at UCLA he marketing was similarly nonexistent. Even the box office didn't seem to know about the booking until shortly before the gig. I was horrified and pestered them many times.
Come concert time there were many unsold tickets that I'm told were sold at the door at a discount and folks lined up around the block to buy them. With better marketing, I hazard they could have presold an even larger auditorium. A few years later it wasn't much better at Citrus college with the theater not full.

I've heard that they've had changes in management but it sounds like issues persist.

To be fair, I found out about Monzil relatively early and had a hell of a time getting other local brass players interested in an obscure Austrian septet that gained initial notoriety for schtick.

I've had a number of wonderful exchanges with Thomas though I've never discussed their marketing. You can find him on Facebook.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Notelvis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomba51 wrote:
I was also in Charlotte.

I am one of those people that Jens Lindemann speaks of......... Saw Mnozil Brass live for the first time in Pennsylvania in 2013 and have made the effort to see them each time they have been back to the US since.

I was stunned (and a little ashamed to be a North Carolinian) but how poor ticket sales for the Charlotte show were. We musicians in the Carolinas are aware of Mnozil Brass and we have been loving their stuff on Youtube for years now............ Over the years I've played with a couple of brass bands in this state, worked with a senior drum and bugle corps, known many music educators and I might sure to send notes to all of them that Mnozil Brass was coming........ and still, people who I know would have become fans for life simply didn't make the effort to drive a couple of ourrs for the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: