• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

embrosure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digis10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject: embrosure Reply with quote

this is going to sound weird, but lately the left side of my chops (the corner part) feels bigger than my right side. I think it may feel slightly more tired than my right side after practicing but Im unsure. I only notice the difference in size when I'm not playing and feeling each side at the same time.

Any Advice and should I be worried?
jazztrumpetbill
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spelling embouchure correctly is a good start.. I can't imagine what you are feeling is much to be concerned about?

Bb Burbank Benge L
Bb Schilke B1
Olds Silverstar Flugel
King Silvertone Cornet
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my other post. You need up-front help.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Andy Del
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a good trumpet teacher and pay for lessons. This is going to be the one and only way to sort out what sound like numerous, inter-related issues in your playing. Expect that your ability to play in band classes will be compromised for a time - weeks to months as yo work a way forward.

To be bunt, it sounds like you have been allowed to play incorrectly in your band program. To be blunter, you are the only person who can take steps to sort it out, and those steps begin with the advice above - which others have also given you.

cheers

Andy
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: embouchure Reply with quote

Get with a good trumpet man that can hear and "watch" you play. The teacher I had in college was masterful at this. I auditioned at "the" major university in Ohio as a senior and did pretty well and was accepted but the instructor that auditioned me said I would be better off starting over and learning french horn because of my embouchure. When I auditioned it was during football season and I had a kind of "fat lip" that meant moving things to play the audition. When I did my audition where I ended up going I told the prof. what the other gentleman had said and he watched again. He said I had "basically" worked out the problem myself but gave me two things to do and then set up a time for me to take a lesson when I was up for orientation. He was right and I was able to progress rather than try to fight through a problem without enough knowledge or tools to fix things. It is worth the money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: