• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Monette - where to buy?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Monette - where to buy? Reply with quote

Hi Trumpet Heralders,

I have a friend looking to buy a Monette Resonance B6LDS1 but doesn't want to wait the 90+ days Monette takes to make them.

Question -

* Is there a list of vendors for Monette who may by chance have this in stock? Would Monette have a list? Do you have a suggestion?

And no, I'm not some creep looking to get 5 posts. I've lurked for years on TH. Learned oodles. I'm not here to sell knockoff junk in the market place.

Thanks!
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Monette - where to buy? Reply with quote

Benson wrote:
Hi Trumpet Heralders,

I have a friend looking to buy a Monette Resonance B6LDS1 but doesn't want to wait the 90+ days Monette takes to make them.

Question -

* Is there a list of vendors for Monette who may by chance have this in stock? Would Monette have a list? Do you have a suggestion?

And no, I'm not some creep looking to get 5 posts. I've lurked for years on TH. Learned oodles. I'm not here to sell knockoff junk in the market place.

Thanks!

Benson,

I spoke with B.J. at Monette (yep...I’m a name dropper) a couple weeks ago and as of that call, they have zero in stock. In fact, There are not many resonance prana’s in stock. Obviously, that’s a very popular mp.

All the best, Jr
ldebrui1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There can be delays in production from time to time, but I would suggest they would be worth the wait
CJceltics33
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check Dillon’s Music
GordonH
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently a 12 week wait. I think what happened was that the range of mouthpieces in the catalogue expanded hugely when they started offering all the different weights plus the resonance and prana variants so they are only making to order.

The two authorised dealers I know only stock the very popular models. Presumably they order them up so they can have some in stock. If they don't have them then they have to order them on the same waiting time.

I would be very wary about buying one from an unknown source as there are a number of fakes appearing on the market that seem to originate in Brazil. Quite difficult to spot too. A lot of them are in STC3 weight which is quite surprising.
Cornet - Geneva Heritage, Conn 28A
Mouthpieces - Monette 1-5 rims and similar.

Licensed Radio Amateur - GM4SVM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: