• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

marketplace

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must have been some sort of glich. A lot of posts and threads are missing.

Edit - Todd said that the most recent update inadvertently was applied using an old forum copy, and that 5 days of posts were lost. Oh well. Better than being hacked. Just place your ad again.

Jeff
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VetPsychWars wrote:
People can read your five posts, notice that you're just doing it to list something for sale, and then ignore your item.

One post doesn't have the same result as five posts? Or ten posts? The result is just that the initial poster might be slightly inconvenienced, while the reaction by savvy regular posters will be exactly the same.

Quote:
The point is to encourage participation, not just provide another free place for a random scammer to stop by.

That may be the goal but does it really accomplish that? Good motives don't always produce the desired results.

I think a mandatory time period with the required posts is much more effective.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Sourdough

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Scammers Are Still Here Reply with quote

The scammers are still here. They are knowledgable about the the different instruments, their models and designations. They talk a good game and use multiple email addresses when asking for references.

My suggestion is complete a transaction only with individuals who supply verifiable contact information, including address and phone number.

It is disappointing when folks are less than honest. - - Be very wary.

Ken
lobosky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: marketplace criteria Reply with quote

Hello all,

This is all well and good, however... somewhere on this site (for those of us recently joining) it would be helpful to have posted ALL the criteria for being allowed to post marketplace ads, and EXACTLY how to do it (including 'pics). Most sites would do this via their FAQ pages. It's very frustrating having to sift through multiple posts hoping to find answers to these questions. I'm NOT a scammer!

--Ed (lobosky) combination of my dog's names ... lobo... sky
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: marketplace criteria Reply with quote

lobosky wrote:
Hello all,

This is all well and good, however... somewhere on this site (for those of us recently joining) it would be helpful to have posted ALL the criteria for being allowed to post marketplace ads, and EXACTLY how to do it (including 'pics). Most sites would do this via their FAQ pages. It's very frustrating having to sift through multiple posts hoping to find answers to these questions. I'm NOT a scammer!

--Ed (lobosky) combination of my dog's names ... lobo... sky

While it is not a FAQ, this post in the site announcements forum does outline the necessary steps.
lobosky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: marketplace criteria Reply with quote

[quote="LittleRusty"][quote="lobosky"]Hello all,

--Ed (lobosky) combination of my dog's names ... lobo... sky[/quote]
While it is not a FAQ, [url=https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90759]this[/url] post in the site announcements forum does outline the necessary steps.[/quote]

Thank you for your response to my post 'LittleRusty'. However, while the reference you've kindly provided has a 'few' answers, it is by no means comprehensive, and is dated Sep 03, 2009 . How can any new member trust it to be current policy? IMHO the very least this site could do would include references to all current policy posts in the email sent to them (or better yet where to download a .pdf of ALL that info) rather than simply saying "Your account... has been actived... you may login using the username and password received in a previous email" (by-the-way, the 'previous email' was never recieved). I'd only found your site because of my search on 'sell trumpet mouthpieces' (because this is what I'm seeking to do), and there seem to be very sparse, disappointing, directions on how to do this on trumpetherald.com.
--Ed
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing to do with the site. But I have been a member for quite a while.

The Admin for the site runs it in his spare time and as such it is apparent that sometimes responses to questions are not as timely as some expect/desire.

And from the number of posts I have read over the years others have found the marketplace access as mysterious as you do.

That said, I am extremely grateful to Todd for running this site over the years.

One other thing you might not be aware of is that Todd is working on updating the site at this time.
lobosky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: marketplace ads Reply with quote

Thank you again 'LittleRusty". Hopefully the revised website will include a FAQ section addressing this subject. You might want to know I've also found more info under "Site Announcements" (Post subject: Re: Please tell me to how to find instruction posting adds? Rod Haney... Jun 21, 2017), which seems to be current and quite useful.
--Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: