• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Changing usernames

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuckledoo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Changing usernames Reply with quote

Is there a process through which we can change our usernames?

I realize from previous posts on this topic that people come to identify others on the forums by their usernames, so changes shouldn't be taken lightly.

Some of us, however, want to change our usernames to reflect a matured sense of professionalism and place in the community. In my case, I'm never going to go pro, but I enjoy playing on the side and would like to stay active in the community in case I ever get my chops gig-ready again. I also like hearing what others are up to, staying on top of brass trends, etc. It's a fun hobby!

But every time I want to post, I'm faced with the inertia of putting another post out there under a ridiculous username that I came up with over a decade ago. (My god, I'm getting old.) At the same time, I don't want to lose all of those posts by creating a brand new account.

In short, I'd love to change my username (just once!) so that it's in line with the rest of my online presence, and I bet others are in a similar boat. Is there some way that we can do that?
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send a PM or email to the system administrator with your request. Assuming the name can be changed, he is the only one who can help you.

https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1
Chuckledoo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetteacher1 wrote:
Send a PM or email to the system administrator with your request. Assuming the name can be changed, he is the only one who can help you.

Thanks! PM sent -- I'll update this thread if/when I hear back in case others have a similar question in the future. (I couldn't find a definitive answer when I searched, hence the creation of this thread.)
lobosky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: user name change Reply with quote

Since I've not seen any other postings from 'Chuckledoo' after his promise to... "update this thread if/when I hear back in case others have a similar question in the future"... likely he didn't get the result he'd hoped for, and is still unable to change his user name. I'd also like to change mine, because although its not as 'cute' as his, I'd only selected mine during registration after being rejected multi times for 'other' names I'd attempted to use and finally settling on one which was unlikely to be in use by anyone else (lobosky... a combination of my dogs names... lobo... sky...), assuming once the registration process was completed I'd easily be able to take my time in altering this name (which makes me seem to be Russian... I'm not). So... does anyone know of 'a way that works' which will enable members to change our user names? Thank you for your replies.
-Ed (new member name... lobosky)
pinstriper
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: user name change Reply with quote

lobosky wrote:
Since I've not seen any other postings from 'Chuckledoo' after his promise to... "update this thread if/when I hear back in case others have a similar question in the future"... likely he didn't get the result he'd hoped for, and is still unable to change his user name. I'd also like to change mine, because although its not as 'cute' as his, I'd only selected mine during registration after being rejected multi times for 'other' names I'd attempted to use and finally settling on one which was unlikely to be in use by anyone else (lobosky... a combination of my dogs names... lobo... sky...), assuming once the registration process was completed I'd easily be able to take my time in altering this name (which makes me seem to be Russian... I'm not). So... does anyone know of 'a way that works' which will enable members to change our user names? Thank you for your replies.
-Ed (new member name... lobosky)

Actually, I didn't think you were Russian. I was wondering if you were The Big Lobosky, or The Dude.
'51 Olds Super
'69 Olds Studio
'40 Olds Special Cornet, Military Issued
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: