• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

A special thanks to my homies in local ensemble.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lionel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: A special thanks to my homies in local ensemble. Reply with quote

Am writing this so as to thank my local buddies Thom, Bob and Rigo.They being three of our four trumpets in a truly cool adult community band. Am posting this both to thank them all when we meet again next week. That and to mention to the gang right here on TH that the support you give your fellow trumpets can go a long ways.

Both Thom and Bob, capable players down the aisle of at least a respectable trumpet section really picked up my spirits earlier in the week. Each fellow inquiring about "how is your new embouchure coming along Lionel"?

Well their words took me by pleasant surprise. In fact it pleased me greatly to see each man take an active interest in my recent project. In fact I had not been feeling all that high on the subject.To put it mildly. At least not in the week prior and up until my friends nearly shocked me by proving to have taken such an apparently keen interest in my new development.

And their support paid dividends. As due to their encouragement I redoubled my practice efforts in the following days and totally fell into a whole new and terrific groove. In fact I feel great today. Just because I finally climbed up on to a new level of development re the embouchure change I started last Christmas. And perhaps without my friends taking such an active interest in how I was managing? Maybe I wouldn't have kept at it. As I was feeling kinda blue about not just the new embouchure but my whole trumpet career and life itself. So sometimes the support we give our fellows pays well in moral support. Thank. Iyou Thom and Bob.

And what else can I say for my best homie Rigo? He the fellow who encouraged me back into this ensemble nearly ten years ago. That and yanked me back in last year too. After I had fallen by the wayside. Lol. Here where I got stuck "quarterbacking" the whole trumpet section on principal chair. Hey Rigo?

You da man!

Carl Spackler (aka Bill Murray, 1980).
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a blue thumbs up icon? Enjoyed the post, Lionel!

(Thanks for breaking down to workable paragraphs. Sure makes it easier reading, Thanks again.)

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Lionel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:

(Thanks for breaking down to workable paragraphs. Sure makes it easier reading, Thanks again.)

Ive been told so much before and I do appreciate the comment. At times my posts do tend to stray and go longer. Am working on that too.

In my own defense? I "would rather be read than dead". In other words? If I post long statements it could be because that at nearly age 65? How many more years can my posting go on? It isnt that I need the attention so much but if indeed there is some internal egotism going on? I fear my knowledge going out with me. Nothing imminent at all. I enjoy good health. However the music world is littered with the memory of good musicians who died without their music being sung. A friend named Max. World class lead and jazz trumpet. But who ever heard of him? Died 9 years aho only 52.

Carl Spackler (aka Bill Murray, 1980).
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionel wrote:
kehaulani wrote:

Ive been told so much before and I do appreciate the comment. At times my posts do tend to stray and go longer. Am working on that too.

In my own defense? I "would rather be read than dead". In other words? If I post long statements it could be because that at nearly age 65? How many more years can my posting go on? It isnt that I need the attention so much but if indeed there is some internal egotism going on? I fear my knowledge going out with me. Nothing imminent at all. I enjoy good health. However the music world is littered with the memory of good musicians who died without their music being sung. A friend named Max. World class lead and jazz trumpet. But who ever heard of him? Died 9 years aho only 52.

Good for you about trying to get read. I don’t often read any of the massive blocks of text. I figure if the OP thought they were worth reading they could press the enter key every so often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: