• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bags of Spain 2.5?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvand678
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Bags of Spain 2.5? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've been eyeballing this bag for a while now. Do any of you have it? If so, can you tell me if the dividers are removable? Will it hold a rotary?

https://www.hornguys.com/products/bags-of-spain-2-trumpet-piccolo-case

It seems like this one could easily hold 3 full size horns if the middle section were reconfigured...

thanks in advance!

Joe
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not contact them? While doing so you can ask if they plan on ordering more since the website says the 2.5 is sold out.
xtremetrumpeter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Bags of Spain 2.5? Reply with quote

jvand678 wrote:
Hi All,

I've been eyeballing this bag for a while now. Do any of you have it? If so, can you tell me if the dividers are removable? Will it hold a rotary?

It seems like this one could easily hold 3 full size horns if the middle section were reconfigured...

thanks in advance!

Joe

I had one...returned it because I needed something more. Unfortunately, the dividers don't move. Hope this helps!
Yamaha 8335 LA
ACB Doubler's Flugelhorn
Carol Brass 5000L (backup)
Kanstul 1510C with Copper Bell
Brasspire Piccolo
jvand678
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bags of Spain 2.5? Reply with quote

xtremetrumpeter wrote:
jvand678 wrote:
Hi All,

thanks in advance!

Joe

I had one...returned it because I needed something more. Unfortunately, the dividers don't move. Hope this helps!

darn! That's what I was afraid of I love their quad.

thanks!
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Bags of Spain quad from The Horn Guys last year, but I was also interested in this 2.5 model. I ended up corresponding directly with the owner at Bags of Spain (website: http://www.musical-bags.com), asking if they could consider making this a triple with optional padding to alter it to a 2.5. I have a 4v B&S E-flat that I wanted to carry with a C and B-flat. Another concern I had with their quad (which I still own and use) is the two upper stabilizing pieces under the lid not being adjustable and that these pieces were depressing the valves on some of my horns (when the lid was closed), including the B&S and any of my piccolos. Well, after quite a few back and forth emails, including pictures I sent with extended tape measure and horns in case, it seemed I had her convinced to move forward with this, but I see no changes in their lineup and no adjustment to their lids. I reckon they gotta sell what they got first, right? She did say that they had not had very good fortune with Velcro and removable parts, so they stopped using Velcro. Part of the fabric would pull away with the Velcro. Their sectioned padding is removable on the quad (but without Velcro). I know GARD and others have used Velcro seemingly without issue, and I have a couple of those cases. I guess that depends on which manufacturer in certain other countries is making them for you!
jvand678
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dstpt wrote:
I bought a Bags of Spain quad from The Horn Guys last year, but I was also interested in this 2.5 model. I ended up corresponding directly with the owner at Bags of Spain (website: http://www.musical-bags.com), asking if they could consider making this a triple with optional padding to alter it to a 2.5. I have a 4v B&S E-flat that I wanted to carry with a C and B-flat. Another concern I had with their quad (which I still own and use) is the two upper stabilizing pieces under the lid not being adjustable and that these pieces were depressing the valves on some of my horns (when the lid was closed), including the B&S and any of my piccolos. Well, after quite a few back and forth emails, including pictures I sent with extended tape measure and horns in case, it seemed I had her convinced to move forward with this, but I see no changes in their lineup and no adjustment to their lids. I reckon they gotta sell what they got first, right? She did say that they had not had very good fortune with Velcro and removable parts, so they stopped using Velcro. Part of the fabric would pull away with the Velcro. Their sectioned padding is removable on the quad (but without Velcro). I know GARD and others have used Velcro seemingly without issue, and I have a couple of those cases. I guess that depends on which manufacturer in certain other countries is making them for you!

Thanks a ton for the response! I too own their quad and love it.

Looking at the picture, it's the same as my bonna compact triple and I really think a triple that holds 3 full size horns would be a better fit for my daily needs. I've owned almost every multi case out there (Bags of Spain Quad, Bonna double flight, bonna triple, compact quad, compact triple, ipac, Wisemann, wolfpak (2.5, quad, triple), & the Torpedo Coyote). The bonna compact triple is my favorite of those but it can't hold 3 full size horns since they made one of the dividers immoveable. I'd hoped the bags of Spain bag would've solved all my problems. Alas...

Case makers, if you're listening
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like the hard case look of the Bags of Spain build and all of the color options, but at a 2.5-horn limit, I’m not sure I want to put money into it. If I find some cash just lying around, I might. Ha! I bought the GARD triple trumpet case in leather from Josh Landress last year, and I used that case tonight to carry three B-flats (don't ask why I had three B-flats, please). It is two-toned, which I like, but I know that member ExtraLargeBore commented on the other current thread “Gard compact triple gig bag,” saying he is not a fan of that feature. I can appreciate that sentiment. I do wish there were more full-sized triple hard cases available, that is, that can hold up to three B-flats. I’m probably overlooking some very obvious ones on the market. The Bags of Spain quad (which is also what Stomvi offers with their own logo) is very versatile and compact enough to fit in any airline overhead…and with no questions asked while boarding, either. I did have the GARD triple wheelie, but recently sold it to relieve my “case overload.” (See what I did there?!) I still use my GARD quadruple wheelie at times, but I may be selling it soon. Too many cases, too little time…and money!
milanos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

------------------------

Last edited by milanos on Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, though - I've used Bags for many years but I can't find a single-trumpet bag anywhere. Does anyone know a source? Thanks.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: