• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bass Trumpet or Valve Trombone basic resources for bass clef

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaveTrumpetWillTravel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: Bass Trumpet or Valve Trombone basic resources for bass clef Reply with quote

I've shared my adventures on flugabone and am happy to report I'm now getting a good tone out of it. For several days I was sure it was a shot instrument because the intonation was so wonky, and then I figured out that I was trying to play half an octave too high. I also discover the mouthpiece problem was really a receiver problem but that with a little tape I'm good to go (thanks forum).

I can play along on treble clef with no problem and this makes sense to do. At the same time, there must be a resource for lower, valved brass in Bb playing bass clef. Anyone know what about this? I'm looking for something that would help me learn to play from bass clef and would provide, for instance, correct fingerings for the correct notes. What am I looking for? Euphonium materials?

From this forum I've learned about a lot of open access/ free resources for trumpet, from scales/arpeggios, method books, etudes, etc. Is there anything like this that would work with my Bb flugabone?
nieuwguyski
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.justforbrass.com/skins/quill/just_for_brass/assets/images/site/charts/JustForBrass-Euphonium-Fingering-Chart.pdf
HaveTrumpetWillTravel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: