• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet Podcasts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig S

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Trumpet Podcasts Reply with quote

Wasn't sure exactly where this fit. I was wondering if there are any trumpet podcasts that THers listened to? Podcasts that discuss techniques, equipment, practice tips, some music theory, maybe interviews with players, etc. Obviously, not all of these will be in one, but I'm just curious what everyone listens to.
talkenhorn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: podcasts Reply with quote

I like: Brass Junkies, The Other Side of the Bell (Bob Reeves Brass)
Here is a site with more trumpet related podcasts, I will have to check them out myself. https://player.fm/podcasts/Trumpet-Podcast
CB_93

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just started a YouTube Channel: TrumpetGeek NATION, where I plan to cover tips, tricks, gear reviews and "other general geekiness about the trumpet". I have literally just started and only have one video up so far but I should have a second video up by Sunday! I'd love for you to check it out and subscribe! My aim is to post videos that are relevant to trumpeters of all skill levels. So I will post videos on beginner tips, to more advanced things, and once I get a following I plan to have challenges where I will feature someone's performance on the channel.

So check it out! Subscribe and click the bell icon to get notified when I post more videos!
Carol Brass Bb/A Picc
DJtpt31
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brass Junkies and The Other Side of the Bell are great recommendations. Also look into BrassChats on youtube.

CB_93: Good for you on starting your own channel. I'm working on getting my youtube channel off the ground and running soon. I would be interested in collaborating with you. My focus will be more towards all things brass.
BradenSmart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also really like the podcast Trumpet Teacher Talk. Used to listen to it while working my summer job in college.
CJceltics33
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it’s a great idea! There are of course a multitude of people that know a lot about trumpet and music on TH. I’d also bet most THers would watch them from time to time. I’m in support!
conn53victor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sending my wife too many texts and emails with not time sensitive family/household info and links to interesting articles and news. I also wanted to share the nonpersonal stuff with a wider audience (kids and friends), so I started a blog. It includes local news, Iowa women’s basketball, books, and music. I wrote one post just focused on jazz podcasts, mostly interviews including Chris Botti and Ruby Braff. I also added sample videos of some of the people mentioned including Clint Eastwood & Chevy Chase playing the piano (separately).

https://jameshcalkins.wordpress.com/2019/06/17/june-17-2019-jazz-podcast-special/

1963 Connstellation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: