• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trust me, it actually works! Cornet case for rotary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetpa

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Trust me, it actually works! Cornet case for rotary Reply with quote

After searching and searching for a better case for my rotary C (Votruba), I think I finally found it. I was going to try a Jakob Winter 760 case but Thomann couldn't/wouldn't test a C rotary for me before I paid $210 plus shipping to just try it out. If it didn't fit, I would have to pay to ship it back, which I understand.

I couldn't find any Jakob Winter trumpet cases here in the US, so I found some comment made somewhere, that the ProTec Pro Cornet case (PB312) works.

It works perfectly! Hard shell, soft interior, you can store it with the valve keys up to protect them. Only thing I may do is put some extra padding on the very bottom. A Bb rotary would not work, the C only "just" fits.

Thought I would try to save anyone else searching in vain, some time and hassle.
Andy Del
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, these coffin type cases are very versatile. I have two, and pop a Schilke G piccolo, Thein picc, even a short bell Eb in there. Oddly enough, one holds a cornet all the time!

I like and understand we all want the best protection for our horns and these cases may not offer that. The very best protection is to look after your axe!

cheers

Andy
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I carry a Civil War era rotary valve cornet in one of those cases. Yes, I added extra padding to the bottom.
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you'll want to consider some extra padding/bubble wrap/whatever possibly. I had a horn damaged from an accidental drop in one, because the slides were not supported. Nothing major, but did take a trip to the shop to get it fixed.

With a little extra care, it should work find for a lot of purposes though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: