• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Marcinkiewicz Concert Hall Trumpet Mouthpieces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
epoustoufle
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Marcinkiewicz Concert Hall Trumpet Mouthpieces Reply with quote

Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison of the Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces in the standard and concert hall blank? There is really very little info out there, except perhaps it plays like a heavy-weight blank. They cost about double so it's quite difficult to find the incentive to lay out the cash.

On another note, did Marcinkiewicz change ownership? I went to a music store and the guy told me the original makers sold the business. Not a big deal (to me) as long as they keep the designs the same, i'm just curious.

One last [s]rant[/s] thing, it's sad there's nowhere that stocks a decent selection of mouthpieces any more. I think I own more than the music store, perhaps I should set up as a mouthpiece retailer?!
Yamahaguy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Marcinkiewicz Concert Hall Trumpet Mouthpieces Reply with quote

epoustoufle wrote:
On another note, did Marcinkiewicz change ownership?
Not to my knowledge...I believe Joe and his son Zack are still running things.
I actually need to contact them anyway, I'll let you know.
kalijah
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did hear that they will no longer be making Trumpets. Anyone know otherwise?

I was actually playing my "concert hall" this morning. To my perception it does keep more energy in the sound especially in the fundamental. Similar to a heavy receiver. But it isn't overdone to the point where the sound seems "dead" or overly dark. Still good mix of frequencies in the tone and it does brighten-up with loudness in a pleasing way.

If your wallet is tight it is probably not worth the difference. But that is up to the player.

There is no better m/p manufacturer IMO.
dershem
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played one where I had both the standard blank and the CH blank with exactly the same interior. There is a difference, and if I did more 'legit' work, I'd seriously consider getting the CH blank for my regular (custom) piece.
Joe has not been well, so his sons are mostly just doing mouthpieces now, but those are works of art. They make ALL of mine now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: