• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Impromptu Trumpet Lesson with Larry McWilliams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbtj51
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject: Impromptu Trumpet Lesson with Larry McWilliams Reply with quote

Larry McWilliams of Ball State University School of Music was visiting a Trumpet Player friend's home over this past weekend and I was invited along with many other musicians to meet him. It was suggested that I bring a couple of horns and come a little early. I had about 1 1/2 hours of time with just Larry and our mutual friend.

After a few minutes of introductory conversation, Larry asked me about the 2 horns that I had brought then had me play at his direction. He made comments and asked questions throughout. At the end of my playing, he made a few suggestions of books and methods for me to explore, then he played my horns a bit.

It was a very enjoyable and most informative afternoon for me and I got a priceless lesson in the process! I am most thankful that I got the opportunity to meet with Larry and hope to see him again.
‘92 Bach 37 Bb
'98 Getzen 895S Flugelhorn
'00 Bach 184 Cornet
'02 Yamaha 8335RGS
'16 Bach NY 7
'16 XO 1700RS Piccolo
Reeves 41 Rimmed Mouthpieces
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: