• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach Corp. vs newer Bach

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pnaka

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Bach Corp. vs newer Bach Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the main differences between the "Corp.", "Corp" and the newer Bach's? Are the backbores bigger on the Corporation ones? I've owned a Mt. Vernon, "Corp", and "Corp." and from what I could see the backbores look bigger than the newer ones. Does everyone else think the same?
Tpt_Guy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Corp (no dot) 3C and its backbore looks bigger than a modern Bach 10 backbore, and plays better by leaps and bounds.

I have a Mt. Vernon 3 - also looks bigger than a modern 10.

I don't have any other vintage Bach backbores to compare other than Matt Frost's "MTV" backbore, which he describes on his website as,"A '10' style shape that is a copy from an outstanding Mt. Vernon 1C." Definitely looks bigger than a modern 10. It's carved into a 3B and a 1-1/2B in my collection. What a sound!

One thing to bear in mind, however, is that each cup is supposed to have a corresponding appropriate backbore. Bach C and no-letter cups have a 10 as standard. The B cups have a 7, the E cups have a 117. So if you compare, say, a Corp 1-1/2C against a modern 1-1/2B, they will look different for that fact alone.

"A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence."
-Bruce Lee
AJCarter
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few 1C's of varying vintages: Corp . deep far period; Corp. deep, but close; and Corp. in fairly light stamping. I do notice that only one modern 1C has felt similar to these, the others I have played don't feel the same rim or blow wise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: