• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Tarkovi - Haydn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpet_cop
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Tarkovi - Haydn Reply with quote

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NPBQUXB2Ac[/youtube]

Just when I thought Phil Smith's Haydn was the only one I ever wanted to hear I stumbled across this today. Interesting and tasteful cadenza without being overly flashy. Excellent playing and the pianist is dynamite too.

Silly questions though.. why not an Eb rotor? Is that not really a thing? Also looks like the bell rail on that E3L is on the side instead of the top, and pulled out to heck and back? Neat little idiosyncrasy. Wonder if that's not the usual #4 bell.
Tpt_Guy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tarkovi - Haydn Reply with quote

trumpet_cop wrote:

Link

Just when I thought Phil Smith's Haydn was the only one I ever wanted to hear I stumbled across this today. Interesting and tasteful cadenza without being overly flashy. Excellent playing and the pianist is dynamite too.

Silly questions though.. why not an Eb rotor? Is that not really a thing? Also looks like the bell rail on that E3L is on the side instead of the top, and pulled out to heck and back? Neat little idiosyncrasy. Wonder if that's not the usual #4 bell.

Doesn't look like a #4 bell to me. My buddy has an E3L and the bell less open through the throat and flares later. That might be a #2 or some other aftermarket bell.

"A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence."
-Bruce Lee
Irving
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that he had his bell pulled way out. Maybe he has it set up so he can play the horn inE natural as well as E flat? Just a guess.
Tpt_Guy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The receiver on the bell tail is also awefully short for an E3L bell. It looks like maybe one originally fitted for a G1L, like the E bell. May explain the short receiver and the location of the slide rail, since they are further back on the proportionately longer E bells.

Here is a picture of a G1L with the F and E natural bells so you can see what I mean.

http://www.dambly.com/images/equipment/Schilke_G_F_E.jpg

And an E3L bell for comparison.

https://cdn3.volusion.com/ytrev.nclag/v/vspfiles/photos/schilkeDEb-2.jpg

The bell tail receivers are different lengths.

Whatever it is, a custom job.

"A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence."
-Bruce Lee
anbanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous Playing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: