• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Tongue position

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljazztrm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mohan wrote:
Croquethed wrote:
You're selling a piccolo trumpet with a detailed description and you just joined TH and have your 5 posts. You might already know a tad about tongue position. And how to clean a horn. And how long to practice. And low breathing.

Amen!

But he probably doesn't know (yet) that no one here buys anything from 5-posters.

Well said Johno! I don’t see what the big deal is… Does anyone really buy something on the marketplace from users who have 5 posts and the posts are clearly written with the sole motivation to sell something? Maybe someone very new to the TH would I guess. I have bought a fair amount of trumpets and, definitely, mouthpieces on the marketplace over the years. Several times I have come across something I’m interested in but I don’t buy from that person because I see they only have 5 posts, and the posts are really obviously milque-toast questions about trumpet playing just for someone to get to post on the marketplace. It doesn’t take much extra time to search for the seller’s posts on the TH. And don’t get me wrong, there are some serious trumpet players who are new to the TH and who want to sell on the marketplace. I know because I told them about the TH! I told them about the 5 post rule and just to post serious questions about trumpet playing that they really want to know about.

Gleno - I read your other posts.. You seem legit, I would just suggest to you, and anyone new to the TH who wants to sell, make your first posts a little longer and give some background about yourself in regards to your playing history and interests related to trumpet playing. In my experience, most players do what I do with the marketplace and checking who the user is. All the very best, Lex
Www.LexSamu.com
Bulgakov

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this the type of thing for moderators to decide? If there is a concern, shouldn't a moderator be flagged rather than taking it upon ourselves?

Another thought: maybe the rule should be: you can't sell on the marketplace until you have been an active member in good standing for 6 months. That would cut down on folks only joining to sell stuff.

Anyway, welcome! I'd actually like to know more about this myself. I just popped onto the forum because of this very issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: