• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Steve Patrick mouthpieces?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lyujohn

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Steve Patrick mouthpieces? Reply with quote

Pros/Cons?
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro's... Talk to Steve - he knows his line very well indeed, he knows playing very well indeed and most importantly he's willing to chat back and forth to get you what you want.

Cons... There are cheaper pieces out there if that's your priority, but there's far more expensive out there too.

As always, the biggest "pro" of any mouthpiece is that it's a good match for you and your sound concept, and the biggest "con" is not matching you (albeit poor intonation means a mouthpiece matches noone - not the case with most reputable makers nowadays)
rockford
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mouthpieces Steve Patrick makes are of outstanding quality. Just a matter of determining what size/shape works best for you.
JeffM729
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased a Patrick mouthpiece and am very satisfied with both the mouthpiece and Steve's communication. He answered several questions promptly and was more interested in helping than making a sale.

Steve is a pro and that is no con.
Usedtobegood
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Pros from my viewpoint. Steve is a great player and in addition he understands the interrelationship between players, horns, mouthpieces and the different types of playing they do. Give him a call and talk to him about what you are looking to do, your setup, etc. and he can recommend what would work best for you.

In addition he's a great guy and he does respond quickly even though he is in sessions pretty much daily.
GarrettFaccone

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Patrick's mouthpiece line is truly something everyone should check out. The mouthpieces are incredibly versatile and give you the ability to switch between a few models to give you the desired sound you are looking for (from classical to screaming lead). Steve is one of the few guys around today that based the entire design of his mouthpiece line around the ability to be a "working" mouthpiece. Steve is currently the 1st-Call recording trumpet player in Nashville, TN. These mouthpieces will give you great results not only in the practice room but also show up with you on the gig and give you the endurance to sound great at the end of a 4+ hour job.

Please reach out to Steve, he would be more than happy to talk to you about his line as well as recommend some pieces for your current playing requirements. If you are looking to try out a few pieces, Baltimore Brass Co. (Catonsville, MD) 410-744-1723 www.baltimorebrass.net stocks a full line of Patrick Mouthpieces and have them available for trial.

Hope this helps!
Blast! The Show - 2014 Japan Tour - Trumpet/ Piccolo Trumpet/ Percussion.
Usedtobegood
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GarrettFaccone wrote:
Steve Patrick's mouthpiece line is truly something everyone should check out. The mouthpieces are incredibly versatile and give you the ability to switch between a few models to give you the desired sound you are looking for (from classical to screaming lead). Steve is one of the few guys around today that based the entire design of his mouthpiece line around the ability to be a "working" mouthpiece. Steve is currently the 1st-Call recording trumpet player in Nashville, TN. These mouthpieces will give you great results not only in the practice room but also show up with you on the gig and give you the endurance to sound great at the end of a 4+ hour job.

Please reach out to Steve, he would be more than happy to talk to you about his line as well as recommend some pieces for your current playing requirements. If you are looking to try out a few pieces, Baltimore Brass Co. (Catonsville, MD) 410-744-1723 www.baltimorebrass.net stocks a full line of Patrick Mouthpieces and have them available for trial.

Hope this helps!

+1
Matt White

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just echo all the comments above. I've been playing Steve's mouthpieces for 8 years now and I can't recommend them enough. Great designs for efficiency and super affordable when compared to other top-end brands.

Also as mentioned above, Steve is an awesome human.
http://mattwhitejazz.com
@mattwhitejazz (twitter/instagram)
Bach Trumpet Performing Artist
Patrick Mouthpieces
maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody here have Steve's email address??? I want to order one of his pieces...went to his site...clicked "Contact"...and it brought up some weird box basically asking for more info and comittment than I want to give. VERY STRANGE.

Anyway...I'd appreciate it if one of you could provide me with his email address.

Thanks in advance!

Butch
TRUMPE: YAMAHA Lacq. "Shew Gen II" / Legends .585 "CatMaster" Top / KT "TKO" BB / Reeves #5.75 Sleeve.
FLUGELHORN: ADAMS Custom "F1" / Legends .585 "CatMaster FL.
oxleyk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maynard-46 wrote:
Anybody here have Steve's email address??? I want to order one of his pieces...went to his site...clicked "Contact"...and it brought up some weird box basically asking for more info and comittment than I want to give. VERY STRANGE.

It's a mailto link so if your browser is configured properly it should pop up a new mail message. The address is, spmusicalservices@netzero.net

Kent
maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Steve Patrick mouthpieces? Reply with quote

Quote:
It's a mailto link so if your browser is configured properly it should pop up a new mail message. The address is, spmusicalservices@netzero.net

Thanks...I appreciate it. Just sent him an email!!

Butch
TRUMPE: YAMAHA Lacq. "Shew Gen II" / Legends .585 "CatMaster" Top / KT "TKO" BB / Reeves #5.75 Sleeve.
FLUGELHORN: ADAMS Custom "F1" / Legends .585 "CatMaster FL.
RussellDDixon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve is first call in Nashville and a joy to work with. I have his 12C and old style MF 1 in my stable. Loved those LOUD blanks back in the day. Check out Steve’s playing through Google ... killer. Also has a good trumpet clinic video online.
Kanstul Claude Gordon Personal mouthpiece
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: