• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

"We value your privacy"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oxleyk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: "We value your privacy" Reply with quote

Moderators, this message pops up every time I log on. Is there a way to disable it?

Thank you
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accept the prompt and it should never appear to you again. That's how it worked for me. It showed up once. I accepted it and I haven't seen it again.

I believe this need for site consent was forced by changes in EU internet privacy laws.
Faculty Jamey Aebersold Jazz Workshops 1976-2019
JazzRetreats.com
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've accepted it every day, and it pops up again the next day when I go to the site.
oxleyk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PH wrote:
Accept the prompt and it should never appear to you again. That's how it worked for me. It showed up once. I accepted it and I haven't seen it again.

I believe this need for site consent was forced by changes in EU internet privacy laws.

Nope. It keeps popping up. I just want it turned off. I don't keep cookies when the browser is closed so it's a nuisance. Actually, I have TH cookies whitelisted but this still pops up.
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is newly-added because of the new European GDPR requirements. Like Pat, once I accepted it, I have not seen it again. I am using Chrome (latest updates) and allow cookies but do run AdBlock (on every site but work). If you retain the TH cookies does it prevent repeats? I suggest making sure you accept cookies for TH, listing the browser and OS you are using, and PM'ing Todd (the sysadmin) to see if he has any ideas. Bear in mind he has a full-time job as a player/teacher and TH is a labor of love; he is not an IT guy. I know he is struggling to figure out exactly what and how to implement the new policy (like a lot of other sites).
Raya2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing here, I accept the message then it sends me to Bing search "trumpet". It happens once every 2 days or so.
oxleyk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After extensive tweaking in Firefox I finally turned on "Remember history" and the privacy prompt stopped. This is the only website I've ever seen this kind of thing on. The jump to Bing is extremely annoying.
Dr Owl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raya2 wrote:
Same thing here, I accept the message then it sends me to Bing search "trumpet". It happens once every 2 days or so.

The same thing happens to me.

I use Safari rather than Firefox, and cannot find an equivalent to “Remember history”.

John

Cornet: Taylor Orpheus
Trumpet: Taylor Chicago II
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens occasionally on my Mac in Safari, but now happens every time I go to the TH site in Safari on my iPhone. Not sure what to do.... Agreed, very annoying.
JoeLoeffler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens every time on my iPhone in Safari when I open a link to a thread in a new window, rather than navigating forward and back in a single browser window.

I don’t get pushed to the search like other folks though. It just clears the pop up and displays the thread I wanted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: