• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Boptism Music at ITG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> ITG Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Boptism Music at ITG Reply with quote

This year our booth will be manned by my sweet, wonderful wife and me, so come on by and meet the inspiration behind everything I do. Some of you have met my little southern belle but now everybody gets a chance!

We will have plenty of books to peruse and some free give-away stuff, so please stop on by and meet us.

We also have some exciting news about some big band arrangements on the horizon, so be sure to ask about that.

Looking forward to it! Thanks, everybody!

Rich Willey
boptism.com
BeboppinFool

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was so great meeting and getting re-acquainted with so many people last week. Janet and I had an absolute blast and we even made it to some of the concerts! And, being the die-hard that I am, I went to all three of the open jams and stayed until the bitter end.

But seriously, thank you to everybody who stopped by our booth! We really enjoyed meeting you and chatting with you and goofing off and laughing with you. Thank you!

Rich & Janet Willey

P.S. We rode the same plane out of San Antonio with Doc Severinsen and I got a bunch of pictures with him and Dave Hickman at the airport. Very cool!
pb
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nice to finally meet you (and your lovely wife) in person! I too had a blast at ITG - so many top-class concerts, clinics, exhibitions and hangs!

I just finished my first practice session out of your Arban's Jazz Scale book - this is killer stuff, highly recommended!

All the best,
Per
BeboppinFool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Per, thank you so much! It was a real honor meeting you, for sure, and the pictures we have of you at our booth will be posted on our website when we get all caught up on things.

Not sure if I told you about the arrangements we have on the horizon, but the great Michael Abene is arranging several of my originals for a full big band as well as a couple of standards so I can front a big band or be a guest artist and have some really amazing charts to play that were written by one of the absolute top arrangers in the world today: Mike Abene.

In fact, three months from today, the Knoxville Jazz Orchestra will premiere those charts in concert at Pellissippi State Community College, 10915 Hardin Valley Road, Knoxville, TN 37933-0990. Vance Thompson, leader of the KJO, will be bringing Mike in for a couple of masterclasses on Tuesday, September 4th at University of Tennessee in Knoxville, and then the big band will rehearse for two days and put on the concert on Thursday, September 6th, with Mike conducting and playing some piano.

Not sure if you can begin to imagine how charged up I am about this project, but now that we're on the other side of ITG I'll be able to throw my energies completely into making this event the best it could possibly be. I'm even thinking we could call the evening "Make Abene Great Again" or something like that.

Anyway, thanks again, Per, and I hope you get as much benefit out of practicing those Arban's-inspired jazz drills as I have been getting (both on trumpet and tuba). Now that I think about it, I can't imagine you playing any better than you already do . . . but I'm glad you're enjoying the new book!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> ITG Conferences All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: