• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Marketplace activation re-enabled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khedger
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please explain why we should not use Paypal 'friends and family'? I don't use Paypal often, but I bought a horn on the marketplace (no problems there) and the seller requested that I use the 'friends and family' method, which I did. Why shouldn't I have?
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khedger wrote:
Can someone please explain why we should not use Paypal 'friends and family'? I don't use Paypal often, but I bought a horn on the marketplace (no problems there) and the seller requested that I use the 'friends and family' method, which I did. Why shouldn't I have?

Because if you use PPFF, there is no recourse, and if it's fraud, PayPal will not issue a refund. The money is gone to the swindler (scammer). If you use the regular PayPal where you or the seller pays the 2.9% fee, then PayPal can intervene and get your money back, if you do not receive what was promised in the transaction.
mm55
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason #1: It's a violation of the seller's agreement with PayPal to use "friends and family" for payment for the sale of goods. It's using PayPal's service, but violating the agreement so as to avoid paying for the service. It may very well be fraud and/or theft of service. So if the seller is cheating PayPal, you might consider whether they might cheat you.

Reason #2: If something goes wrong with the purchase, or the merchandise, or the shipments, the buyer has no recourse. Any protection or insurance or any other buyer/payer protection that PayPal may offer is null and void, because you used "friends and family." You're out of luck.
'42 Selmer US
'90 Yamaha YTR6450S(C)
'12 Eastman ETR-540S (D/Eb)
'10 Carol CPT-300LR pkt
'89 Yamaha YCR2330S crnt
'13 CarolBrass CFL-6200-GSS-BG flg
Murphyryanp7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using TH for at least 8-9 years or so. I mostly scroll and use Marketplace so I don't really log into my account much. Recently I've been wanting to buy a trombone and have an excess of trumpets that I need to sell, so I decided to log in. Couldn't remember what my actual username was which is part of the requirements to recovering your old password, so I had to create a new one just now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: