• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Got a new trumpet gig bag (Nice!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ButchA
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:10 am    Post subject: Got a new trumpet gig bag (Nice!) Reply with quote

Check out what came yesterday (by UPS ground) for a belated Father's Day present... A nice trumpet gig bag, from my daughter out in San Diego, CA!

The original 1967 case for my Holton Collegiate has seen better days and is slowly falling apart (yet again). It's been glued, renailed, etc... over the years and is starting to fall apart again.

Since I don't travel anywhere hard and heavy with my trumpet, except drive to the Shriners Temple to play 2nd trumpet with the ACCA Shriners "Million Dollar Band", this is absolutely perfect! My Holton Collegiate fits inside with no problems, and is all snug and secure with no chance of flopping around. The big zippered pouch on the side holds my mouthpieces, my music chart reading glasses, and Hetman's valve oil.

Anyone else use these?
roynj
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Gard and Reunion Blues gig bags. I'm not familiar with this particular brand of gig bag in your picture, but it looks to be well made.
Roy
trickg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! That looks like a pretty decent bag, especially for what they cost. I might have to look into getting one, just to have - I know it would come in handy here and there.
- ACB Doubler

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems will be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." - PLP
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my students has that same bag. In my opinion, it’s minimally protective, very thin padding. If you’re careful, VERY careful, you’ll probably be ok, but personally I would not use that brand, it’s just too light and thin, IMO. But if it works for you, what I would or would not do doesn’t really matter.

Any gig bag has inherent risks, including my Cronkhite, which is probably as protective as any gig bag can be. I only use it for gigs where I have played before and know what to expect regarding the stage, where I can leave it on breaks, drunkenness level of patrons, 😉 etc.

Brad

Last edited by Brad361 on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comeback
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Got a new trumpet gig bag (Nice!) Reply with quote

ButchA wrote:
Check out what came yesterday (by UPS ground) for a belated Father's Day present... A nice trumpet gig bag, from my daughter out in San Diego, CA!

The original 1967 case for my Holton Collegiate has seen better days and is slowly falling apart (yet again). It's been glued, renailed, etc... over the years and is starting to fall apart again.

Since I don't travel anywhere hard and heavy with my trumpet, except drive to the Shriners Temple to play 2nd trumpet with the ACCA Shriners "Million Dollar Band", this is absolutely perfect! My Holton Collegiate fits inside with no problems, and is all snug and secure with no chance of flopping around. The big zippered pouch on the side holds my mouthpieces, my music chart reading glasses, and Hetman's valve oil.

Anyone else use these?

Congrats on the bag, Butch. If it works for you, it is perfect indeed. I use Tuxedo bags for my horns. They are light, sort of semi-rigid, with lots of effective padding, and they seem to last forever. They also fit neatly under my chair at rehearsals!

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: