• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Joy Keys Bring Joy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsemman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Joy Keys Bring Joy Reply with quote

I practice in my basement, which remains about 55 degrees all year long. This is fine for storing food and beer, but it also cools the temps on my horns; and when I practice, I generate quite a bit of moisture.

I use my bass trumpet for warm downs, and playing pleasure, but with a single water key, I can barely get through a few bars of music before I have to empty the horn, which means depressing all pistons and blowing like hell and then rotating the horn until water gushes out the bell.

Just had three Joy keys installed at Osmun's today, and I have to say what a difference! They work great. The only problem I see, is that I have the phantom urge to work the water key, which isn't there.

Any one else use them?

Gary
Zeus Guarnerius Flugelhorn
Kanstul G Bugle
Jin Boa Bass Trumpet
fret

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still like/use Joy Keys?
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: