• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

MuteMeister Straight Mute

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthes93401
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: MuteMeister Straight Mute Reply with quote

Hello Again Mute Collectors,

Anybody use the MuteMeister/Warburton straight mutes... Do they sound like the Shastock straight mute?

Thanks!
matthes93401
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the plunge and got the MuteMesiter Straight Mute a few weeks ago. It does what I hoped... a non-metallic straight mute sound quality and good scale. I can't say if it sounds exactly like the Shastocks, but it is well made. The fiber and wood construction was (1920's) and is a good idea (today).

I believe Mr. Ingram would sell more of his mutes if he created a video with direct comparison of each MuteMeister to his restored Shastock and Ray Robinson mutes.
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience was the same. The MuteMeister straight mute sounds similar to, but not exactly like, my Ray Robinson straight mute. Same thing with the cup mutes. Anyway, really nice mutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: