• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

How to Delete my posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrumpetGillespie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: How to Delete my posts Reply with quote

Hi,

Please forgive me if this is obvious or posted elsewhere. I couldn't find it if so.

How do I delete old posts of mine? As in threads I have started?

Thanks!
HaveTrumpetWillTravel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm logged in, I can see an edit/delete button when I click on past posts. I think you can probably use this, but may have to go through one by one, and it may not erase whole threads or deal with posts that quote yours. Hopefully a moderator can chime in or pm you.
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaveTrumpetWillTravel wrote:
When I'm logged in, I can see an edit/delete button when I click on past posts. I think you can probably use this, but may have to go through one by one, and it may not erase whole threads or deal with posts that quote yours. Hopefully a moderator can chime in or pm you.

Correct. You cannot delete entire threads, even if you started them, nor can you delete your words that others have quoted from your posts, but you can edit your posts to the point of deleting everything you wrote (except you have to replace it with something, and you could just use the word "edit" if you so chose).
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, you can edit but not remove posts, and cannot delete threads. Nor can you delete your posts when quoted by others. Unless you are really dead set on removing all your posts I would not bother. If there is a particular thread you created by mistake you can PM the Moderators but by and large they will not remove threads without a really good reason (do not have resources for that; think twice, post once).
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you can delete a post but only if it is the latest post in a thread. Once someone else has replied to the thread, the delete option goes away (but you still would be able to edit the post and remove what you wrote - as Don pointed out, you'll just have to leave some text of some sort in its place).

As for deleting a thread you started, you might be able to delete it if you do it right away before anyone else replies in the thread (I'm not sure about this one).
starkadder
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could ask the moderator to delete the entire thread for you as well.
JetJaguar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starkadder wrote:
You could ask the moderator to delete the entire thread for you as well.

Yes I have seen that happen too, when a thread gets just ridiculous or abusive and loses all value.
1938 Martin Handcraft Imperial #2 bore, 38 bell
Connstellation 7B-N mouthpiece

I'm looking for a Connstellation 5C-N or 5B-N mouthpiece

www.jazzscales.org

The Coady Strengthening Exercises: http://coady.coolwarm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: