• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Eclipse Stock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dacman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: New Eclipse Stock Reply with quote

After a couple of great trade shows, I have finally replenished my stock. If you are interested in trying an Eclipse trumpet, cornet, or flugel, feel free to contact me. I have many different Bb trumpets, Bb and Eb cornets, Flugels, C trumpets, and a picc. If you haven’t tried an Eclipse trumpet lately, you are missing out.

Don Cornelius
Braw Brass
http://www.brawbrass.com
info@brawbrass.com
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: New Eclipse Stock Reply with quote

dacman wrote:
After a couple of great trade shows, I have finally replenished my stock. If you are interested in trying an Eclipse trumpet, cornet, or flugel, feel free to contact me. I have many different Bb trumpets, Bb and Eb cornets, Flugels, C trumpets, and a picc. If you haven’t tried an Eclipse trumpet lately, you are missing out.

Hey Don, Rod Haney here, how are you. Leigh told me you guys killed it at the brass band show - sold out early in show. Don’t you love the new silver platers? Best Ive ever seen. Hope to make another show with you guys soon. Did Leigh tell you how well the ‘silver hammer’ worked out. He’s an extraordinary builder and a great funny guy. I know you will have a good year as the best stuff Ive seen just keeps getting better and better.
Rod
dacman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rod, good to hear from you. Yes, we did quite well at the Brass band show. The new cornet is amazing and the soprano is out of this world. The bands there really liked the Eclipse line, so hopefully we can continue to grow in that area of the market.

Leigh and I talked a bit about your silver bell trumpet and he was raving about how well it came out. Even he was a little surprised just how much core sound that horn has.

Hopefully, our paths will cross again you bring your new baby with you for me to try.

Don Cornelius
Braw Brass
http://www.brawbrass.com
info@brawbrass.com
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome horns... But I would say that (having been part of the sop team and having worked with Leigh on the Bb).

Very proud of both models, at very least they stand up there alongside the very best - whether they're better or not will be up to the player to decide.

Haven't played your trumpet Rod (though I played Larry's which is the same - wow!!)... But I have played Don's cornet :p
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKSop wrote:
Awesome horns... But I would say that (having been part of the sop team and having worked with Leigh on the Bb).

Very proud of both models, at very least they stand up there alongside the very best - whether they're better or not will be up to the player to decide.

Haven't played your trumpet Rod (though I played Larry's which is the same - wow!!)... But I have played Don's cornet :p

I asked Leigh to let all his pros play and give feedback and I’m surprised and sorry you missed it. It turned out to be all I expected and more play wise and all the kit made for the horn was just over the top. The horn has more core than should be possible and never stops within my limited range. Extremely easy to play and encourages me to play very efficiently. I had always thought thin belled horns responded quickly but this silver is anything but light and thin and is dark or bright depending on what you want - truly a chameleon. The bell is Britannia silver I think 98%+ pure and the new platers matched it perfectly and is so flawless you would think the whole horn was silver. The quality and play of this horn is so far above my pay grade I feel unworthy (bull💩). I’m so lucky that all the stars lined up and I was able to get the bell I wanted and Leigh went out of his way to help design what I think is the best horn I’ve ever played by some margin (Larry M. Said same and became an artist - I offered my inconsiderable talents to Leigh as well but he must not be able to afford me😏🤯.
Anyway Leigh said he’s made 5 of them (he was sure it would be a one off) and I undrstand he has a large silver solar bell waiting for a buyer. I can only advise you to get one while you can. They aren’t your daddy’s trumpet! They are a tad expensive all tricked out but worth every penny ( I got the only cheap one😜
Rod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: