• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

"We value your privacy" screen KEEPS POPPING UP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: "We value your privacy" screen KEEPS POPPING UP Reply with quote

I click on "I accept", or go and set my preferences for the various "purposes" and hit "Save", but nothing stops the message from POPPING UP EACH TIME I CLICK ON SOMETHING within the Trumpet Herald site.

Sorry about the all caps phrases, but this is incredibly annoying.

Also, please don't reply saying I could send the moderator a private message -- I know that already.
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, you need to send the sysadmin (Todd) a PM, username trumpetherald

However, this has already been reported and so far no solution has been found. Note the sysadmin is a trumpet player/teacher and not an IT expert. He (Todd) said it came about as part of the new European requirements. Probably some incompatibility with the old BBS SW running.
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Don. I actually did send a PM to user trumpetherald just a moment ago.
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: value your privacy screen keeps popping up Reply with quote

Yes, and everytime it does I have to go back and log in again. sometimes
three or four times in a night. I work overnights and can use the computer. It is nothing big, just annoying
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this problem might have something to do with using Internet Explorer.

I tried opening Trumpet Herald with Firefox, and after one display of the message (which I 'accepted'), the pop-up stopped! (This is the way I suspect it is intended to work.)

Lately more of the websites I visit have displayed a message saying "You are using an obsolete browser" when I access them with IE (and my IE is set up for auto-updates to the latest version). I guess Microsoft is letting IE die a slow death (not keeping it up-to-date) because of the new MS Edge product for Windows 10. I don't like Edge (seems to have a lot of hidden marketing/monitoring features), so I guess it's time to get used to Firefox or Chrome.
vandenplass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject: Screen popping Reply with quote

I used Google Chrome wit Win 7 and had not encountered problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: