• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

eBay Conn 40B Connqueror -- Anybody here win this beauty?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CartersPop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: eBay Conn 40B Connqueror -- Anybody here win this beauty? Reply with quote

A pretty sweet looking CG Conn 40B Connqueror trumpet in really nice shape went for only $275 plus shipping the other day on ebay. Please tell me somebody from here on the forum was the one who outbid me for it. Although it was not listed by model number as I do not think the listing seller had any idea that what he/she had was a collectible and very desirable horn, it clearly from the pictures is a near original condition Vocalbell 40B Conn. I would have gone higher but I did not find it until a couple hours before it closed and my Paypal account was too close to the bottom for me to go any higher. I think it snuck by most of us who would have been looking for this collectible horn as there were only a total of 6 bids by 3 bidders plus my failed late snipe attempt.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/283033886235?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

Really hated to see that one get away but would be satisfied at least a bit knowing it went to a good home with somebody from this forum.
Conn '27 22B New York Symphony Trum
White '25 King Liberty Silver Trum
JinYin '15 Marching Bb Fr Horn
Conn '35 New Wonder 80A Corn w/m
Pan-Am '23 40I Bari
HERMOKIWI
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$275 may seem cheap but the condition of this horn is rough. The finish is ratty, the horn is missing the rear bell brace, the top valve caps are chewed up, etc. so a restoration would be costly and would involve hunting for parts.

The best thing about the horn is the bell. It looks to be in pretty good shape and it has the highly desirable "Pan" engraving.
CartersPop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you feel that way. What you see as "rough" and "ratty" I see as a wonderful diamond in the rough. No major dents or even obvious dings, and with the exception of the missing brace all the parts are there and hopefully fully functional. Might cost a little to put it into playable condition, and some effort to buff up the finish, and yes a bit more money to put it back fully into original pristine condition. But that is small by comparison to what joy might be brought by putting a classic and very desirable horn back into action for all to enjoy not just its beauty and design but also its brilliant and powerful voice. And for at least one person pride in ownership of a relatively rare, beautiful and wonderfully unique (okay, uncommon) instrument made from mans hands. One man's garbage may be another man's gold.
Conn '27 22B New York Symphony Trum
White '25 King Liberty Silver Trum
JinYin '15 Marching Bb Fr Horn
Conn '35 New Wonder 80A Corn w/m
Pan-Am '23 40I Bari
Wrms
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had I seen that the price would have been bid up.
That seems like a great deal for someone.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: