• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Schilke valves and Yamaha valve oil. Anyone else?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abundrefo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Schilke valves and Yamaha valve oil. Anyone else? Reply with quote

Hello,

I've just got a new S32HD Schilke and, during this first week, I've been experimenting with valve oil.

I washed the trumpet to remove Schilke oil and tried some synthetic brands.

I started with Hetman 1, since most people recommended it. But, for some reason, I never got along with Hetman. ...as much as I wanted to like it.

I've always liked Ultra Pure but this time it felt too thick, and Ultra Pure Light felt too thin.

...so I remembered I still had 4 bottles of Yamaha Regular and it seems to be working just fine.

I remember reading somewhere that Yamaha oil has a formula that's similar to Hetman and that both Yamaha and Schilke trumpets have pretty tight valves. So I think I'll keep using it.

Now, just out of curiosity, does anyone else here use Yamaha oil with a Schilke trumpet?

Thanks!
Denny Schreffler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned several Schilkes, using three of them extensively, both before and after Yamaha came out with their synthetics oils.

Never had any problems with any valves on any Schilke but "feel" and longevity improved on everything when I started using Yamaha synthetics on all my horns.

Some oils don't work at all for me (one, disastrously) including brands that are highly touted and recommended by top players and techs.

-Denny
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tromba T2 and never look back.
USCGRick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve had the same experience with Ultra pure and Hetman 1. I now use Hetman 2 with great success. So if you’re a Hetman lover try number 2. It all boils down to whatever works for you and your horn.

Harrelson Bb VPS Summit One
Harrelson C VPS Summit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: