• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

A little mouthpiece story.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Type3B
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many (most?) players, I've been through several mouthpiece honeymoons followed by quick divorces. I think that once you have something in your particular ballpark, you need to plant the flag and work with one mouthpiece. The constant switching of mouthpieces, in my view, causes confusion to muscle memory as you keep adjusting to something different. Since I've committed to one mouthpiece (and trumpet), I've been better able to distinguish between a bad day on equipment that works well for me and a bad day followed by the thought, "If only I can find the right mouthpiece, I won't have any bad days."
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so eager to disprove the mouthpiece dialing but unfortunately I just found a sweat spot and I’m now thoroughly convinced.

Regarding the OP, I’ve definitely had the buyer’s remorse with mouthpieces. There are so many internal variables that the grass will often be greener but when the rubber meets the road there’s always a trade of with any equipment change.
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Type3B wrote:
I've been better able to distinguish between a bad day on equipment that works well for me and a bad day followed by the thought, "If only I can find the right mouthpiece, I won't have any bad days."

+1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: