• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Caruso and Stamp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DustinB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Caruso and Stamp Reply with quote

Hey all! I have been a Caruso student for some years now. In an effort to diversify the mental approach and add varying full range building pedal exercises (apart from Caruso's pedals), I have been looking at the Stamp routine (exercises after the mouthpiece drills). Does anyone toggle these two daily warmups in their practice/performance week?

Best,
Dustin
Michael Irwin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do. I used a routine given to me by Laurie Frink almost exclusively for years. Things started to improve faster for me once I incorporated Stamp a few days a week a year or two ago. Things have gotten even better since I began to cycle through the Adam routine more often than the Frink and Stamp routines while still doing each one at least once a week. Hope that helps answer your question.
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know anything about Stamp other than what I've learned on TH. therefore, I can't respond. Carmine did say that his calisthenics would enhance the effectiveness of any other approach or method. I have had good success with Caruso and Adam. However, I don't think you should toggle. You should probably do both every day, even if you need to edit how much of each you do until you get your endurance up.
Faculty Jamey Aebersold Jazz Workshops 1976-2019
JazzRetreats.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: