• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Humorous Harry James anecdote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert P
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Humorous Harry James anecdote Reply with quote

I saw this in the comments of a video on Youtube from the last album Harry appeared on - an album titled "The Man I Love" by Japanese singer Kei Marimura.

"...I have to add a personal note. In 1965 I was playing trumpet with the house band at the Carousel Ballroom on Market Street in San Francisco. Harry James came through with his band sometime that year. But what I remember besides his awesome sound--blew the rest of the trumpet section right off the stand--was when I went back to the band room during a break, there was Harry James sitting in a lounge chair playing Clark Technical Studies #2 in nothing but his boxer shorts."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0lIFlZnffM
Bundy
Chinese C

Getzen Eterna Bb/A piccolo
Chinese Rotary Bb/A piccolo

Chinese Flugel
deleted_user_02066fd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must have been quite a sight. Harry absolutely played the snot out of the horn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: