• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stork mouthpieces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loweredsixth
Heavyweight Member

Location: Fresno, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Stork mouthpieces Reply with quote

Man, I recently bought a few Stork mouthpieces and they look incredible. Their plating seems different than everyone else's...very brilliant...almost like chrome or something. Also, everything about these mouthpieces are flawless. They look like someone spent a considerable amount of time making sure they were cut with extreme precision! I'm very impressed.

I ordered a 5B, 5C, and 5C+25 (this one is the winner for me!)
loweredsixth
Heavyweight Member

Location: Fresno, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that they have the "cut marks" still in the cup (just like the old Monettes used to have.) I love the look of the cup looking frosted while the rest of the mouthpiece is super shiny.
Type3B
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been to visit John and Phyllis at their shop in Vermont (I live in New Hampshire), and I can tell you firsthand that they are highly experienced, knowledgeable, and helpful, and they make excellent mouthpieces. At around $60 new, Stork mouthpieces are perhaps the best bargain there is.
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent mouthpieces, though the vacc line rims are a bit love/hate
Irving
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their Vacchiano line isn't just a name. They used his preferred rim type on the line. He liked a thin rim with a rounded inner edge. The Storks do have a nice sound. If you like the rim style, then go for it. I tried one, but it was too rounded for me. I prefer a rim with more of a pronounced inner bite.
bixtone
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t care for Stork rims either, so I had some Vacchiano and Studio pieces threaded for my preferred rim, and they are incredibly good.
loweredsixth
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those rims work GREAT for me
O00Joe
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stork Vacchiano line is awesome! I get my ideal orchestral sound with mine, it's like a more colorful, easier to play Bach 5B.

I like the standard cup more than the punped cup but I've only tried a C+, I imagine I might like a D+. As for the rim, I use the 4 rim which appears different on their website and feels like a wider Bach 5B or 5C to me so no problems there.

Don't ignore the Studio Master line! The Studio Piccolo is the best piccolo mouthpiece I've ever used. It is amazingly responsive and gives great support.
Akai MPC Live II
Roland JD-Xi
Casio MT-68
Seymor B Fudd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: Stork mouthpieces Reply with quote

loweredsixth wrote:
Man, I recently bought a few Stork mouthpieces and they look incredible. Their plating seems different than everyone else's...very brilliant...almost like chrome or something. Also, everything about these mouthpieces are flawless. They look like someone spent a considerable amount of time making sure they were cut with extreme precision! I'm very impressed.

I ordered a 5B, 5C, and 5C+25 (this one is the winner for me!)

Yep! I agree. Stork Studio Master VM6 solved my HUGE dilemma combining cornet- and trumpetplaying. Rounded rim, V cupish, as my cornet mpc. As a matter of fact I can practice trumpet with this mouthpiece and then switch instantly to cornet (Wick Ultra) with nil problems. As the trumpet mpc is a bit shallow (I´m using it for lead) this even enhances my cornetplaying. Never knew this would be possible
Mr Smiley does mention this in the BE book and I´ve read some threads discussing eventual benefits conquering smaller mpc:s.
So folks - try Storks! Make your playing fly!
Yamaha YCR6330II
Getzen Eterna Eb
Trumpets:
Yamaha 6335 RC Schilke 14B
King Super 20 Symphony DB (1970)
Selmer Eb/D trumpet (1974)
SJMass

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing a 2B+ 25c for a long time and keep thinking I'll find something better but never do. I swear by these mouthpieces.
AwesomeDad
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a 1.5B with a pumped cup after I had the throat opened up it matches my horn perfectly now.

JJ
johntpt
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using a Stork Mt V 1C from their New York line for a few years, and can't say enough good things about it.

I have a number of other Storks as well. Sometimes I use a 1 1/4 C or a 1 1/4 C+ from the Vacchiano line.

Something strange is going on with the Storks. Lately they have not beeen filling orders from the New York line, which I believe are hand,made by Mr. Stork, and even the standard Vacchiano line mouthpieces are not being produced as quickly as they used to be.

Does anyone know what is going on with them? Are they ok?

JU
loweredsixth
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johntpt wrote:
Something strange is going on with the Storks. Lately they have not beeen filling orders from the New York line, which I believe are hand,made by Mr. Stork, and even the standard Vacchiano line mouthpieces are not being produced as quickly as they used to be.

Does anyone know what is going on with them? Are they ok?

JU

I really hope nothing is wrong. I recently ordered a Vacchiano piece and it took about 6 weeks to get. Now for any other custom mouthpiece maker 6 weeks is totally acceptable, but the Storks have always been much faster than that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: