• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jim Pandolfi Interview and the Adam Approach

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhodf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Jim Pandolfi Interview and the Adam Approach Reply with quote

I recently saw an interview with Jim Pandolfi where he discusses his approach to playing trumpet. (https://www.brasschats.com/interviews/brass-chats-episode-30-jim-pandolfi-live). Much of what he says in the interview seems to line up with what I know of Mr. Adam's approach, especially concerning focusing on producing a beautiful sound. I am curious if any of the concepts in the video run counter to the concepts Mr. Adam taught. If so, I would be interested to know which concepts Mr. Adam approached differently and what his take would have been.

Thanks,
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can’t speak to whether his perspective aligns with that of Mr. Adam but I didn’t find too much insight in this interview. Some interesting tidbits at times but very rambly and hard to understand. Also, who’s idea was it to have beers during the interview?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: