• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Kanstul 610

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s_lazzarotto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Kanstul 610 Reply with quote

Hey guys. Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum. I came across a kanstul 610 a couple of months ago. I'm definitely not a trumpet player though I can make some noise out of them. Anyways, I was hoping to find out if these horns are desirable or not. If they have resale value or if I should just donate it to a school nearby. I do appreciate your responses. Thanks.
Robert P
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Besson Loyalist site it's essentially a re-badged Besson 609 which they list as a very good horn even though it's a student model. Besson 609's go for under $200 on eBay all the time.

Besson 609

This was a “student” line instrument that outplays most any student instrument on the market, and are as good as some pro instruments. Plays dark in tone, and has some similarities to the Olds Ambassador. Comes in a variety of configurations, the most common in lacquer with standard water keys and a 3rd valve saddle, but some have Amado water keys, 1st and 3rd slide saddles, and some are in silver plate. For the money you can’t beat these, especially the ones in silver plate. They are commonly sold on Ebay for $100-$300, depending on plating and specs and condition, often in great condition for around $150. The Kanstul 610 is basically the same instrument but newer and rarer and still available new from some shops.

http://users.actrix.co.nz/mcamilleri/TheBessonLoyalist.htm
Bundy
Chinese C

Getzen Eterna Bb/A piccolo
Chinese Rotary Bb/A piccolo

Chinese Flugel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: