• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

For those of you who have the Dave Belknap Schlossberg routi

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljazztrm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT POST TURKLE! This should be a sticky. This is why I changed that one exercise in the routine where I rest, I forget the number as I am in my car waiting for the meter to change for my gig but you can read about it in my previous post.

Whenever I think I am starting to feel that burning sensation in my chops too much, I put the horn down. I really don't think that is the purpose of this exercise. To me, the purpose of this exercise is to play with very relaxed chops and to teach the core muscles to control the air flow smoothly and evenly.

Turkle was very wise to point out that this is different for every player. For me, putting the metronome at 76 only did this ' burning thing' at that one exercise. I did the whole thing itjjjjjj++j++j+jjjjo999a this new way because I was reading older posts by Dave Belknap and about how long it took him to do the routine. When I slow down the Andante sections it made more sense to me as it fit his time schedule in a better way.

So, I would say for everyone reading this post, that whenever you start to feel a burn in the chops that is an indication to stop and rest. Over the course of several weeks you may want to experiment a little bit and see if the burn doesn't go away --but don't overdue this type of thing. We are trying to get your air and core muscles to work for you in your playing which are much stronger than the embouchure muscles.

Damn, I wish Dave was will among the earth living so he could answer some of these questions. Is there a psychic in the house?😄[/code]L
Www.LexSamu.com
Yamahaguy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljazztrm wrote:
Damn, I wish Dave was will among the earth living so he could answer some of these questions. Is there a psychic in the house?😄
Damn Lex, your last post...I wish you were still here,
You will be sorely missed!

For anyone who knew him, either personally or online his memorial is here:

https://www.forevermissed.com/lex-samu/#about

-Dennis
superviking805
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So shocked and sad to hear Lex has passed
JVL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooooooo.....

we pmed many times, last was some weeks ago...

he was really a great man from what i've been able to see here on TH, always sharing infos, experiences, only intenting to help, never putting his ego...

very sad news.
All my condoleances to his family.

RIP Lex, will meet some day in the Light
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: