• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Good news.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lionel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Good news. Reply with quote

Hello Seymor and everyone,

Earlier just today I pulled out and opened up a tube of solid epoxy. The kind you can buy at the Home Depot from the paint section. It is stored where all their adhesives and glues are. The product consists of two parts, as do all epoxies. Only instead of being all gooey and runny? This kind remains stiff. Like the consistency of modelling clay or plumbers putty.

So I mixed a small portion of the stuff together and then pressed/molded it into place in between the gap where my upper, right incisor once "lived". All the while observing this while in front of bathroom mirror. Now solid epoxy will even set under water so the normal moisture in my mouth did not affect the cure of the solid epoxy at all. Took me a couple tries to get the area to seal well enough to both fit and remove easily. Okay but how did it work?

While I'm a little out of practice but this is to be expected. Especially when trying to play with some newfangled gismo attached and grooved into my dental structure. However... I immediately blew straight up to a solid G above high C!!!. I haven't had anything above high C since August 12. Glory be!

Granted there was a little air in the sound but for my first rough draft into self orthodontics? Hey I've got to hand it to me. The thing actually freakin works!!! I figure that a couple more attempts and to make a good spare dental shield (just in case the other one breaks etc). Then I oughta be able to start playing rehearsals and gigs again.

However I'm not going to change my previously described plans. In other words I'm still going to stay with my trombone through the first of 2019. Just as I planned on doing soon after my life went to Hell from the tooth loss. That and am going to continue playing my trumpet on the newer embouchure indefinitely. The one I started experimenting with last December. It is my belief that the newer chop setting has more latent potential than my older embouchure.

My homemade tooth guard is designed for my regular embouchure while playing trumpet. Curiously I don't need the guard when blowing on my trombone on the old embouchure. And my newest chop setting doesn't need a guard at all. Even when playing trumpet!!! Again, It is my strongly held conviction that my newer, experimental embouchure has the most potential.

Lastly, upon visiting my dentist later this month I'm going to show her both my self-fabricated tooth sleeve and my trumpet. Sort of a,

"Before" & "After".

By showing the dentist my sleeve and how easily it both sets inside my mouth and removes? I feel certain that the dental care professionals will make the solution even better. Heck just add a little "Polygrip" on to my homemade sleeve and I should be good as new! It's just crazy good luck how well my crude sleeve works right now! In fact the sleeve fits well enough all on it's own! Just by it's snug fit that it allows me to play even withoit Polygrip or any other dental adhesive. Pretty amazing.

Thanks to everyone. Esp those who've offered their suppprt. All through my trials.

Carl Spackler (aka Bill Murray, 1980).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: