• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet and flugelhorn case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmtrumpet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Trumpet and flugelhorn case Reply with quote

I'm looking for a case that fits both my trumpet and flugelhorn. My flugelhorn is a Conn Vintage One which is a fairly large flugelhorn. Does anyone have any suggestions?
dr_trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Trumpet and flugelhorn case Reply with quote

kmtrumpet wrote:
I'm looking for a case that fits both my trumpet and flugelhorn. My flugelhorn is a Conn Vintage One which is a fairly large flugelhorn. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Probably the best soft case is a Cronkhite triple. https://torpedobags.com/product-category/cronkhite-trumpet-bags/

Unfortunately, the Torpedo 2.5 does not fit a Conn Vintage One, at least not the ones I have. There was a special lid that was in the works, but I've never gotten one. It is supposed to work, but availability might be an issue. I'd contact Torpedo and ask if that is the level of protections you need.

I have used a Bonna triple case, reconfigured to hold a trumpet and my Conn Vintage One, and it works well. Price can be high, and availability can be an issue at times.

Hope this summary helps.

AL
Arranger/Composer; Lilly Music
zaferis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Messina Covers are very well made, super helpful, have a variety of designs, and are reasonably priced...
With that Flugel, I imagine the 2.5 or triple is what you're looking for. (I don't think the 2.5 "airline" would work)
Retired Air Force Bandsman
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protec makes a case (since you said case, not bag) that will take a trumper, flugel and very little else. There is an external zippered pocket that will hold a music folder and a few odds and ends, but inside the case there's not room for much else, other than a few mouthpiece slots.

I have a vague recollection it might be the 'Mike Vax' model, but I may not be remembering that correctly.

I can fit a Kanstul 1525 in it, which has quite a large bell. I'm not sure how it compares to the V1 you mentioned in size though.
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyTX wrote:
Protec makes a case (since you said case, not bag) that will take a trumper, flugel and very little else. There is an external zippered pocket that will hold a music folder and a few odds and ends, but inside the case there's not room for much else, other than a few mouthpiece slots.

I have a vague recollection it might be the 'Mike Vax' model, but I may not be remembering that correctly.

I can fit a Kanstul 1525 in it, which has quite a large bell. I'm not sure how it compares to the V1 you mentioned in size though.

ProTec makes two. One is the Vax case in which the flugel sits at and angle. The case is smaller.

The other is the plain Trumpet/Flugel combo case, in which both trumpet and flugel lie flat.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy Finn wrote:
RandyTX wrote:

ProTec makes two. One is the Vax case in which the flugel sits at and angle. The case is smaller.

The other is the plain Trumpet/Flugel combo case, in which both trumpet and flugel lie flat.

Mine has the flugel lying flat, and the trumpet vertical in a slot across the front, so lying in different planes. Whichever model that one is, the big bell on the 1525 will fit inside it.
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a WolfPak 2.5-style case for trumpet and flugel. I know it will fit a Kanstul 1525 with a 6.5" bell. Case was made back when WolfPak cases were made with quality.

Used mostly for storage. Always in smoke-free environments.

Comes with a WolfPak "Lunchbox" accessory pouch that attaches to the case.

I've traveled all over the country with a WolfPak 2.5 for just trumpet (same body shell), and have never had any issues carrying it on an airplane or had any damage to the horns.

$275 includes shipping for CONUS addresses.

I can send pics.

PM me of you're interested.

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=146827&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER--

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWAJqghk24&feature=youtu.be
dr_trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyTX wrote:
Crazy Finn wrote:
RandyTX wrote:

Mine has the flugel lying flat, and the trumpet vertical in a slot across the front, so lying in different planes. Whichever model that one is, the big bell on the 1525 will fit inside it.

On the Vintage One, it's not just the bell size, but the wrap height that makes a difference. My V1 barely fits in my Reunion Blues Super Triple from 1988...bought at the SF factory back in the day. It does not fit in the Vax (too tall), does not fit in the Coyote without a special lid that one has to order, and doesn't fit in most other flugel/trumpet cases. I've never tried the Protec regular trumpet/flugel case. It also fits like a glove in the Conn case that it came with, albeit a HEAVY, HEAVY case.

AL
Arranger/Composer; Lilly Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: