• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Parke Cups

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nonchalant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Parke Cups Reply with quote

Hey All,

Looking at getting a Parke mp (640 rim, 24 throat, Orchestral 24 bb) but need some help with the cup size.

275 1-1/2 depth
285 5B

I heard that parke cups are based off the 5B, but was looking at these cup options. What say you about these cups (combo with above)?

I am looking for something to use on my Bb first, 8345 Xeno, that I would likely use on C if it felt good still (Bach Artisian). My current mp is a Schilke Symphony M2X, and I find it dark, but can be a little dull on Bb, sometimes I use the M2* but its not quite what I want.
trompette229
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the 275 cup would be a good place to start to get a full sound but some brilliance you're looking for. Keep in mind that the shape of all of them is the 5B (285) cup, they just vary in depth.
loudog
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY like the 280 cup depth...it's perfect for me. I feel like regular C cups are too shallow for me, but B cups are a bit too deep...this one is perfect.

660-280-24 for me!
Associate Professor of Music
Hastings College
abontrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I REALLY like the 275. It's a great all around size that I use mainly for C trumpet. Sounds great on my Bb too. I'd start there since you're looking for Bb piece. 280 is plenty large so I'd go there for C if the 275 is too brilliant on C. I'm on a 655-275-24.

285 is a bit of a beast if you can manage it, great. I prefer a little more efficiency (maybe economy is the right word) in my front end set-up.
nonchalant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I hear everyone REALLY likes them, hope I will too.

My experience sounds similar to Lou, I played on a 1-1/2 B for four years but eventually went to a 1-1/2C. Ive never loved the tone on a 1-1/2C, but did like the mp for overall purposes. Eventually I got into the Schilke Symphony series, and gravitated to the M2*, for a larger/opened up 1-1/2C, and the M2X to get something in between a B and C cup sound. Ive mostly played the M2X for the last 2 years.

Sounds like 275 and 280 should be up my alley. (could be a good excuse to try and buy both, lol)
O00Joe
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always try the Stork Vacchiano line which are based on the same modified 5B cup idea for a good price!

For real though, does anyone have a complete chart of Parke's products? I've seen the ones on Facebook but I always see Parke parts for sale that aren't mentioned.
Akai MPC Live II
Roland JD-Xi
Casio MT-68
abontrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O00Joe wrote:
You could always try the Stork Vacchiano line which are based on the same modified 5B cup idea for a good price!

For real though, does anyone have a complete chart of Parke's products? I've seen the ones on Facebook but I always see Parke parts for sale that aren't mentioned.

There's this: https://www.facebook.com/parkemouthpiececenter/photos/a.847620185414203/849999691842919/?type=3&theater

But they pretty much never have everything in stock and seem keep up on the big sellers: 640-660 and 275-285 and mostly 24. That is how it seems at least!
TMT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI Parke is out of 640 components until possibly next month? Email Diane and ask her to keep you posted.

I'm currently playing a 645/285 and finding it much more brilliant than a my old 5B or 1.5B, just with a wide smoothness to the sound that spreads out in a large room. How much lip goes into the mouthpiece (by preference or just by the way your face is) is hugely personal and will determine a lot. If you haven't already, do yourself a huge favor and record yourself in the biggest room you can find. I thought the Parke was bright as hell until I did so and discovered that the sound mellows an the edge is taken off as it spreads.
Joshua712

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 throat is pretty large for a Bb. Works fine on C. But can be problematic on Bb horn - especially since you mention darkness and dullness on Bb. 26 throat on Bb would be well worth considering
jaysonr
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've really liked the 275-V cup...wish I'd kept mine, honestly. It has a more open throat entrance, and overall the cup reminds me of a 1-1/4C Mt. Vernon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: