• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Questions about the CG7 rim

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loweredsixth
Heavyweight Member

Location: Fresno, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Questions about the CG7 rim Reply with quote

Hey guys, can anyone here tell me about the CG7 (Kanstul-made) rim? I would really like to know if the inner edge is rounded off or if there is a sharp bite. Thanks for any information you can provide!
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rim is rounded. The highpoint of the rim is towards the middle. There is a slight bite where the rim transitions to the cup, but it's subtle and well below the high point. If you've played a curry 600 series piece, the bite is similar to that.

It's not like a Bach mouthpiece where you have a sharp highpoint on the inside edge of the mouthpiece that then falls into the cup.

It's a nice mouthpiece! It's quite deep and similar in blow to the CGP in blow etc but more bowl shaped cup compared to the CGP which is very V shaped.
loweredsixth
Heavyweight Member

Location: Fresno, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: