• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach 43G Bell 25LR Leadpipe Combo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpet56
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Bach 43G Bell 25LR Leadpipe Combo Reply with quote

Has anybody played on this combination?

Is the gold brass bell to counteract the brightness of the 43 bell and the reverse leadpipe to open up the sound?
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: 43G 25LR Reply with quote

I have one of these currently from an old friend's collection who died a while back. My opinion...the horn has a more "lush" quality than the yellow brass bell and the reversed pipe set-up does indeed give it a comfortable feel without being too open.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com
trumpet56
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony for your reply. I have found one in pawn shop and tried it. I have never been a big fan of reversed leadpipes but the 25LR worked well in this configuration. Apart from the horn hadn't been cleaned for a while with deposits in the leadpipe I was impressed by the projection and how the sound held together at the dynamic extremities. The response was immediate and the sound seemed to project well beyond the bell.
tptva004

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice horn. 43 bell is not brighter than a 37 IMO though it is warmer and easier to play. the reversed pipe helps open up the upper register. the gold brass bell should darker up the sound a bit.
rockford
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my horns has a 43G bell. A slightly warmer sound than yellow brass but mainly I liked the look of the gold brass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: