• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bill Knevitt's Books

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solo soprano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Bill Knevitt's Books Reply with quote

FYI:

Bob Latorre who is the copyright hold of Bill Knevitt's Library is winding down his website. So, Bob Latorre is going to remain the copy rightholder of Bill's library and qpress is now doing digital editions of the entire library and will be rolling out new editions each month. qPress is now the sole distributor of Bill's books

https://qpress.ca/product-category/trumpet/?filter_publisher=la-torre-music

Last edited by solo soprano on Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Anthony Miller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens to the audio files that accompany the Crash Course please?
solo soprano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Miller wrote:
What happens to the audio files that accompany the Crash Course please?

Good question.

It's still pending....

The audio files that accompany Bill's 52 wk. Systematic Approach "The Crash Course For Home Study", hopefully are coming? I spoke to Tim at qpress.ca, he said that Bob Latorre sent him the audio files as "zip" files and their having trouble with the download. Tim is working with Bob to resolve this issue. I emailed Tim that if needed I'd be happy to send all the audio files to him on CD's, if needed. Also, Bill Knevitt's stand alone audio files are also included.

Bill's stand alone audio files:

1. The Secret of Becoming a Great Trumpet Player
2. Building Endurance on Trumpet
3. How to Develop Your Register to Third Pedal C
4. Screech With The Best Of Them
5. The Knevitt-Cimerta Method

Best wishes for your continued success on trumpet,

Larry
Anthony Miller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure it's connected but I'm having problems downloading them today - not sure why. The audio files are an excellent addition to the book but I feel even on its own the book is a great method. I'm on Week 4 - having spent 2-3 weeks on each Lesson - and I've made some excellent progress.
solo soprano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Miller wrote:
Not sure it's connected but I'm having problems downloading them today - not sure why. The audio files are an excellent addition to the book but I feel even on its own the book is a great method. I'm on Week 4 - having spent 2-3 weeks on each Lesson - and I've made some excellent progress.

FYI

Bill Knevitt's 52 week systematic approach "The Crash Course for Home Study" and the audio files are available again at www.latorremusic.com.

Also you can email Bob Latorre at bob_latorre@hotmail.com
hornsaplenty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since anyone wrote on this link. I would like to describe my positive experience with Bill Knevitt's book "Building Power in the Upper Register" ... which i downloaded from q Press.
I am a 63 year old "comeback player" , mostly just play acoustic jazz in small venues. I have not had a need to approach high note playing until 4 years ago, when I started playing Salsa... Like some others, I have always worked on a clear fat tone in mid register , mostly worked on my harmony/improve skills.

About two months I started a 4 X per week routine of Warmup and "Foundation 1 and 2" as described in the book intro. I have noticed a large difference in range... moving from an inconsistent E to F# above Hi C , to secure "every time" power there, and moving into G ....
I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised. I look forward to starting the 52 Week "Crash Course" by Bill Knevitt. I have just been in to much with Bob Latorre by email, and he is very helpful! So , I give the Knevitt system 5 stars.
hornsaplenty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops , typo... should say I have been "in touch" by email with Bob Latorre...
solo soprano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornsaplenty wrote:
I look forward to starting the 52 Week "Crash Course" by Bill Knevitt.

FYI
AUDIO LESSONS
There are audio (mp3 audio files) lessons available for the "Crash Course" and some of the books. In the early 1990's, Bill recorded, using home equipment, himself giving "live" lessons to accompany the information in his books. For the Crash Course, he made a whopping 52 lessons! These lessons are available for purchase at $3.00 each, or $50.00 for the entire Crash Course collection. Please email bob_latorre@hotmail.com for more details.

Bill's stand alone audio files:

1. The Secret of Becoming a Great Trumpet Player
2. Building Endurance on Trumpet
3. How to Develop Your Register to Third Pedal C
4. Screech With The Best Of Them
5. The Knevitt-Cimerta Method

Best wishes for your continued success on trumpet,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: