• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach Mt. Vernon NY Bach 1934 Model

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Bach Mt. Vernon NY Bach 1934 Model Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm not trying to sell this, so please lay off of the "5 posts" nonsense. I've been lurking on the Trumpet Herald for years and have learned an incalculable amount of wonderfully useful information. I am VERY thankful for that.

A friend of is looking to sell his 1934 Bach Mt. Vernon NY Bach serial #1818 Model 7 bell. The instrument is in beautiful condition. It has all the original parts, serial numbers stamped and matching throughout. I have pictures if anyone is interested. I don't know how to post them here or I would.

Question - where is the best place to get something like appraised? I suggested he contact a place like Dillon (we're in South East PA). Then I said I would ask the wonderful folks at the Trumpet Herald.

Thanks.[/youtube]
Rompson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean appraised for insurance purposes or appraised for market value?

Either way, Baltimore Brass in Catonsville MD can help. They may be closer to you than Dillons.
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Bach that dates to 1934 would not be a Mt. Vernon model. It would be a New York model.
oxleyk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale Proctor wrote:
A Bach that dates to 1934 would not be a Mt. Vernon model. It would be a New York model.

They moved to Mt. Vernon around 1953. Look at the bell stamp. If the serial number is from the 1930s but it reads "Mt. Vernon" then there was likely some repair work done.
Benson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone. My friend is looking to sell. I'll suggest to him to contact Baltimore Brass and Dillon.

Kind regards,

Benson
yourbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other place you can look is ebay. Completed sales on any given brand make/model may give you a clue as to a price. But if your friend sells that way there is packing/shipping, etc.
https://yourbrass.com/
tptptp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some folks here might be interested in the horn. Your friend could become a contributing member of Trumpet Herald, take some detailed pictures, describe it thoroughly, and list it in the marketplace.
If I were selling an unaltered, undamaged ser. 1818 Strad, I'd ask $2500; $3000 if an outstanding specimen.
If it's really a Mt Vernon bell replacement on an old 1818 NY valve section, maybe $1500 in great condition.
If it plays like a dream (best ever), someone would pay a lot regardless of condition or modification!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: