• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Wynton's Bach

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharkbaitboi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to admit that there’s a night and day difference between his sound on Bach and Monette. You don’t just sound like a Monette on a Bach
Tpt_Guy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharkbaitboi wrote:
You have to admit that there’s a night and day difference between his sound on Bach and Monette. You don’t just sound like a Monette on a Bach

Not sure about night and day, but I do hear some difference. But what Monette and what era are you comparing? In the 80s he played a Vindabonna Bach. He switched to a Monette STC Bb. He doesn't sound drastically different between the two, to my ears. Now, if you compare that 1980s Bach sound to his current Monette Prana, yes there is a difference. But the human factor is also being forgotten: sound concepts do change over time.

My main point is that I could hear his sound concept on both horns. He switched because Monette equipment makes achieving that sound easier. He still sounds like Wynton.
Bach 239 C w/Akright Leadpipe
Stomvi Piccolo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: