• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Disruptive posters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Disruptive posters Reply with quote

We have seen them come and go, usually they eventually become bored and go back to playing video games in their mother’s basement, usually quicker if they are ignored here. There is a recent, particularly annoying one who continually injects what he believes are hysterically funny irrelevant comments into threads, I’m simply ignoring his nonsense.

But TH is not necessarily a democracy, my suggestion to the moderators is to simply bounce guys like this out of here, even if they don’t technically violate forum guidelines. Is that objective and fair? Maybe not, but IMO it should be done for the greater good anyway.

Brad
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad,

I think I know who you mean. I have wondered if this is a former member who made similar posts.

However, there were people who encouraged the former member and seemed to appreciate their sense of “humor”.

So perhaps not all share our view?
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's getting annoying, for sure, and it's not helped by people responding to it...

Having said that, there's very little to stop that individual from just making another account if they care that much about being a pest.
Atleast when it's all under one name, it's well known enough that "oh it's just so-and-so, they're a pest" and the posts are easily skipped past - surely at some point, even such an unimaginative poster must get bored?
Didymus
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Block Feature Reply with quote

The forum needs a block user feature. Maybe even a block user feature which tells the troll that s/he is blocked by the person s/he is responding to. Unfortuntely, some participants will feed the trolls just enough scraps to encourage them to keep coming back.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKSop wrote:
It's getting annoying, for sure, and it's not helped by people responding to it...

Having said that, there's very little to stop that individual from just making another account if they care that much about being a pest.
Atleast when it's all under one name, it's well known enough that "oh it's just so-and-so, they're a pest" and the posts are easily skipped past - surely at some point, even such an unimaginative poster must get bored?

Actually, in the past, TH has been very good at preventing banned members from using another account. If someone like this were to do so they would be quickly outed by annoyed members and removed.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
Brad,

I think I know who you mean. I have wondered if this is a former member who made similar posts.

However, there were people who encouraged the former member and seemed to appreciate their sense of “humor”.

So perhaps not all share our view?

LR,

Could very well well be. I have PM’ed the moderators about this person, they said they were aware and were watching his posts. I think they try to stay within TH guidelines regarding removing someone, just look at how long a certain starship captain was here.

I guess the best we can do is try to ignore these guys until they cross the line and get bounced.

Brad
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we should not overreact. We should see if this thing plays out. In the case of the poster mentioned, I think he's got enough post to show us where he's at. Enough is enough.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Turkle
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the nonsense posters, I really do miss Scorpion. I thought (s)he was hilarious.

Our current pest is... considerably less amusing. Must be a high-schooler, doesn't really display any command over the language.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turkle wrote:
Of all the nonsense posters, I really do miss Scorpion. I thought (s)he was hilarious.

Our current pest is... considerably less amusing. Must be a high-schooler, doesn't really display any command over the language.

Pretty much what I thought too; seems pretty immature.

Unless the mods decide to deal with him, my plan is to ignore him. And of course if he sees this thread, unfortunately that will probably encourage more nonsense from the guy.🙄

Brad
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turkle wrote:

This is who I was referring to and this post is a good example of my point. I personally found Scorpion's posts to be something coming from a grade schooler. But then many don't find my humor much better.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
I don't think we should not overreact. We should see if this thing plays out. In the case of the poster mentioned, I think he's got enough post to show us where he's at. Enough is enough.

Agreed.

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: