• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Wish I had kept playing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed.swann

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Wish I had kept playing Reply with quote

I'm just making a couple of quick posts to get to the marketplace section, but figured I'd briefly lament that I stopped playing so many years ago. I was in an outstanding marching band in high school, played 1st trumpet all four years, and our band won BofA in 1984 for our class. Good times. I haven't touched it in over 30 years, which is why I'll be selling it.
Nate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your topic title perhaps you might pick it up again? There's a comeback player thread that might be helpful if you want to play again -- perhaps a community band (marching or concert) or orchestra -- or just for the fun of it. Whichever direction you head, good luck.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish I had kept playing Reply with quote

ed.swann wrote:
I'm just making a couple of quick posts to get to the marketplace section, but figured I'd briefly lament that I stopped playing so many years ago. I was in an outstanding marching band in high school, played 1st trumpet all four years, and our band won BofA in 1984 for our class. Good times. I haven't touched it in over 30 years, which is why I'll be selling it.

No offense intended, but there are people here (myself included) who are very hesitant to do business with someone who joins TH specifically to use the no cost Marketplace. This is somewhat of a community, and while new members are welcome, people who are only interested in selling something sometimes find their item doesn’t generate much interest.

Brad
WxJeff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say thanks for at least making your five posts somewhat substantive and certainly honest. To add to Brad361's comments, this gives you a lot more credibility in the Marketplace that most who just post "Yeah, that's great" or "Maynard is my fav" to get their five clicks.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WxJeff wrote:
I will say thanks for at least making your five posts somewhat substantive and certainly honest. To add to Brad361's comments, this gives you a lot more credibility in the Marketplace that most who just post "Yeah, that's great" or "Maynard is my fav" to get their five clicks.

I agree with that, but speaking for myself (like who else would I speak for? 😉), I’m still hesitant we do business with someone who is here just to use the marketplace.

There are never any guarantees, but I feel the odds are better doing business with someone who participates here in the forums.

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: