• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bugle fingerings?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Bugle fingerings? Reply with quote

Mr. Harbison, I heard you say in one of your videos that Mr. Adam did not have you use bugle fingerings for lip slurs/Schlossberg. Did I hear that correctly? Is there a benefit one way or the other, in your experience?
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Bugle fingerings? Reply with quote

kevin_soda wrote:
Mr. Harbison, I heard you say in one of your videos that Mr. Adam did not have you use bugle fingerings for lip slurs/Schlossberg. Did I hear that correctly? Is there a benefit one way or the other, in your experience?

You heard correctly. I don't know enough to understand why he did that in particular with me. It does, however, illustrate that the really significant thing wasn't the exercises in the routine. He customized everything for each individual student at every stage of evolution. We might all do similar exercises, but he would vary things in all parameters: dynamics, tone color, articulations, tempos, mental focus and two dozen other parameters. He taught everyone uniquely, even when the routine contained mostly the same exercises.
Faculty Jamey Aebersold Jazz Workshops 1976-2019
JazzRetreats.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: