• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Scammer Alert!!!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pnaka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Scammer Alert!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Be on the lookout for the user AveryCyrus. He posts many great mouthpieces on the marketplace. He is located in Australia and I am in the U.S (Hawaii) and I have not received the mouthpiece for about 2 months now. He insists its taking long because of customs. Other users have contacted me that the same thing is happening to them with his email. What can I do to resolve this situation?
Keiths

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Me too Reply with quote

Same thing here. No tracking number sent. I even asked for a customs number or credit card transaction number to try and track it down, but while he would occasionally reply, he wouldn't send any kind of a number I could use when contacting the shipper or customs. I'm at about four and a half months now. It's too late to dispute it with Paypal, although I might try disputing it with the credit card company. I've been using a credit card with Paypal lately for the protection. He said he would refund my money or send me another mouthpiece when we reach 8 months, because he said he's had it take that long to get though US customs, but everyone else I check with says I should have received it easily by now. He really knows his mouthpieces, so I hope he turns out to be honest. He has pieces listed right now, so be careful. Make sure you use regular Paypal, and if you don't get a tracking number, dispute it before the time limit expires. Has anyone else bought from him? I'm still hoping this turns out to be an honest situation, but it doesn't seem too promising.
marathoner
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH BOY ! Very sheepishly I admit I bought what appeared to be a Getzen Piccolo Trumpet on April 23rd and paid with Paypal. The ad in the TH Marketplace looked very legit. I have NOT received it yet, he has not given me a tracking number, only saying he used the shipping company Maersk to send it from Australia. He HAS answered my weekly "update ?" e-mails saying it must be hung up in Customs. Rather oddly, he said he sent the case and piccolo trumpet separately so that I would be receiving 2 packages. As of today, I have NOTHING !
Keiths

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Maersk Reply with quote

Mine was Maersk too without a tracking number. I know they provide tracking numbers. It's by boat, so it'll take longer than air delivery, but they say it can take up to 30 days. I'm at 4 1/2 months now.
marathoner
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Physical Education teacher but even I can do the math on MY transaction. I am at 5 months. Maybe Maersk is using Clipper Ships from Australia to the US ????
Keiths

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Emails Reply with quote

I've received messages from two people today that bought from him, and both of them took four plus months to arrive, so this may not be a scam. Both people said they received their items, but it took quite awhile. I would still ask for a tracking number to make sure. I'll post again if it arrives.
pnaka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller refunded money.
marathoner
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller contacted me offering $100 as "good faith" - no thanks. I have set October 15th as a "drop dead" date where either I have the Piccolo trumpet or I want a full refund. No tracking number was ever provided because he said it cost extra to get tracking. Makes no sense to me whatsoever knowing my experiences with the US Postal Service, FedEx, and United Parcel Service. Again, Mid-October will be 6 months - SURELY enough time for delivery.
marathoner
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PNAKA, what was the reason he gave for the full refund ? Did he admit the mouthpieces weren't hung up "in customs" ?
AveryCyrus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason, not that it’s really anyone else’s to know, was that he requested it. I mailed the mouthpieces and don’t know where they are at. I to be honest still suspect that the pieces are in customs (or momentarily lost)

I am a legit seller. I would be more than happy to give you an extensive list of past satisfied clients (many of whom live in the USA). To say that I am a “scammer” is slanderous and completely not true.

Anyone who would like a list of contacts (some of whom have already vouched for my legitimacy) please send me an email or a PM and I’ll be happy to help point you in the right direction

Long story short I am no scammer.
Joshua712

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep an eye out for user Harry Wallace. Bought a mouthpiece from him for $50 at the tail end of July and never got any tracking number and also haven’t been able to get an answer from emails lately.

I recently moved and he claims to have sent it so it seems there’s too much uncertainty to pin down anything but tread lightly and be cautious
Keiths

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Harry Wallace Reply with quote

I bought one from Harry Wallace also and didn't get it. At the time, several people were posting about in the Orchestral forum, and he refunded my money. I never did receive it though, and neither did another person on the post.
marathoner
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avery Cyrus please check your private messages. Thanks.
marathoner
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To update my transaction (Getzen Piccolo trumpet) purchased from the Trumpet Herald Marketplace on April 23rd. Avery Cyrus has refunded 2/3 of purchase price and requests until November 21st to try and find the horn at which point he will refund the remainder of the purchase price. He is from Australia, I am located in the US. That will put our transaction at 7 months. Just a note here. I believe that buyer and seller should reveal their location (country) BEFORE Paypal payment from the buyer. My mistake is that I ASSUMED the seller was in the US and the seller did not reveal location until after Paypal was used to purchase.
pnaka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup...Still have not received my mouthpiece yet. DO NOT FALL FOR THE TRAP!
marathoner
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continue update. Avery Cyrus has refunded an additional $125 leaving $75 for our transaction to be completed by November 21st.
Keiths

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Mine Either Reply with quote

I haven't received mine either. It'll be six months at the end of the week. I'll post here if I either get a refund or the mouthpiece.
marathoner
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avery Cyrus has completed the refund process to me. He returned 100 % of my purchase. No horn ever showed up and we are 7 months into the transaction. Just the facts and none of the drama in this transaction.
Keiths

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Six Months Plus Reply with quote

I'm at six months now without the mouthpiece or a refund. All I can get from the Avery is that he has contacted Maersk, the shipper, and is waiting on a response from them. He can't provide a tracking number or any other proof of shipping. If you order from him, make sure you require a tracking number and understand that it's going to take more than half a year to get it from him. I'll post again if I receive the refund or mouthpiece.
Keiths

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Avery Reply with quote

Did anyone that ordered from Avery Cyrus ever get their merchandise?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: