• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

TABLETS AND SOFTWARE TO DOWNLOAND PDF/SCAN SHEET MUSIC

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GizB
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I actually drunk-primed that one about 18 months ago. The screen is terrible in comparison to the iPad. It is also a different aspect ratio, so pages are stretched tall and narrow. The software doesn't hold a candle to Forscore.

That said, it was dirt cheap and still way better than paper. I loaded the entire trumpet book and bring it along as a backup device.

If one has the means, iPad Pro 12.9" w/Forscore. If one does not, this is an option to seriously consider.

I can't speak to the comparisons with the iPad Pro, but I find the Pro12 totally satisfactory, and haven't noticed a problem with the aspect ratio. My wife has a smaller iPad, and the Pro12 screen quality compares very favorably while being large enough to use on gigs. MobileSheets Pro does a good job cropping your pdf files to take best advantage of the screen real estate, and doesn't seem to have distorted the pages. The best price I could find for the iPad is $843 - refurbished. I'm not trying to diss the iPad, but there are reasonable practical alternatives if money is an issue.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One should also carry at least one backup battery just in case. I remember one gig where my iPad plug wasn’t seated and I was running on empty for the performance.
ComeBackTumpet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just replaced my current laptop with an Acer Spin 5 (15.6in, about $750) that is a convertible (Screen folds 360 degrees). I will tinker with this for a while and report back. BTW, my primary use is travel (between MO and FL). My wife said just buy a second set of practice books. But since I am taking a laptop anyway, I just wanted to see if it could function for both uses (PC and sheet music reader).
Rapier232
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
One should also carry at least one backup battery just in case. I remember one gig where my iPad plug wasn’t seated and I was running on empty for the performance.

Can you get spare battery packs for the iPad? I normally charge mine before I use it, but still have it plugged in , just in case.

Smith-Watkins Bb
Will Spencer Bb
Eclipse Flugel
Smith Watkins K2 Cornet
JP152 C Trumpet
Besson Bugle
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapier232 wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

Can you get spare battery packs for the iPad? I normally charge mine before I use it, but still have it plugged in , just in case.

Since you can't swap out an iPad battery the best you could do would be to have a power cord or a fully charged USB backup battery.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheiden wrote:
Rapier232 wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

Since you can't swap out an iPad battery the best you could do would be to have a power cord or a fully charged USB backup battery.

I have an Anker power bank that is great. It is both a charger and a backup battery. Works great with both my iPhone and iPad.

Anker Powercore Fusion
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
cheiden wrote:
Rapier232 wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

I have an Anker power bank that is great. It is both a charger and a backup battery. Works great with both my iPhone and iPad.

Anker Powercore Fusion

The unit can charge multiple hardware at the same time so your iPad and pedals/buttons could be run from it.
Turkle
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:
cheiden wrote:
Rapier232 wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

Anker Powercore Fusion

The unit can charge multiple hardware at the same time so your iPad and pedals/buttons could be run from it.

That looks awesome and I am buying one right now!
Voltrane
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Just an update: I have got a new Flic button. It works but as Pinstripper wrote it is to slow to be used in real situation. The Airturn pedal is more efficient, by far.
Regards.
ComeBackTumpet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComeBackTumpet wrote:
I just replaced my current laptop with an Acer Spin 5 (15.6in, about $750) that is a convertible (Screen folds 360 degrees). I will tinker with this for a while and report back. BTW, my primary use is travel (between MO and FL). My wife said just buy a second set of practice books. But since I am taking a laptop anyway, I just wanted to see if it could function for both uses (PC and sheet music reader).

I returned the Acer and bought a Microsoft Surface Book 2 13.5 inch. Cost $1299 USD. I bought the MobileSheets software for viewing and making notation (cost $13 USD).

The Surface Book is a laptop that uses Windows 10. It has a real lighted keyboard versus a virtual keyboard. When I travel, it is my traveling PC. It does everything a laptop does, with outstanding graphics. It supports a pen.

The Screen detaches from the body/keyboard. This turns into a real tablet for viewing music that is about the same size (maybe a bit bigger) as the actual sheet music.

I find the MobileSheets software easy to add music, make notations, setlists and many other options.

I have had it for 6 weeks and am very happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: