• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Vincent Bach Mt Vernon Mouthpiece Pic Heavy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
russ jackson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Vincent Bach Mt Vernon Mouthpiece Pic Heavy Reply with quote

I just found this at an estate sale for $3.00 I am more of a guitar guy but for $3.00 I knew it was a deal. It was actually $4.00 but I haggled it down. I am assuming this mouthpiece is between 1953 and 1964. I think it's NOS also as it has no wear or loss of plating. Cannot seem to find the box online. Address on Box Reads: product of Vincent Bach Corp. Mt. Vernon, N.Y., U.S.A. distributed by H. & A SELMER INC. Any value? Any information would be appreciated. If anyone wants more pictures I can post. I think the box is pretty rare. Size is a 7C Original Retail Price was $8
Thanks Russ

oxleyk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A used Mt. Vernon 7C was the only mouthpiece I ever sold for more than I paid. I bought it for $25 and sold it for $40.
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That is one heck of a bargain. If you have an eBay account you can log in, do a search for similar mouthpieces and check the "Completed Listings" box. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the results.
russ jackson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right some seem to get a pretty good price. I think I will post it and see where it goes. Thanks for the information. I will update if it sells.
russ jackson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mohan wrote:
Wow! That is one heck of a bargain. If you have an eBay account you can log in, do a search for similar mouthpieces and check the "Completed Listings" box. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the results.

Posted on EBAY. Lets see what it brings.

Vintage VINCENT BACH CORP CUP 7C Trumpet Mouthpiece NOS W/Original Box MT VERNON
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MtV 7C has no special value. The big prices are for the 3C and bigger.
But maybe you are lucky.
rockford
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! The fact that it’s unused and unmodified adds a lot of collector interest. It won’t bring in the big dollars the larger sizes do but it’s still a nice piece.
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, if I was after a Mt Vernon 7C, I'd want an earlier Mt Vernon.

The later Mt V 7C's (IIRC something like 1960 onwards?) are different from the ones people generally think of as the good old Mt Vernon 7C's (more like the NY)... and the lack of periods on this piece signifies it's a late Mt V.

Still interesting, moreso for condition, but not worth all that much (certainly compared to the bigger stuff)
russ jackson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockford wrote:
Nice find! The fact that it’s unused and unmodified adds a lot of collector interest. It won’t bring in the big dollars the larger sizes do but it’s still a nice piece.

New Old Stock stuff for music instruments is tough to find. I figured if someone was restoring or had a really nice vintage piece it would fit. Might also be good to start a new player off with a little history.Or someone wants the one they started playing with. Either way you guys have been very helpful. The box might be valuable to the right guy. And being handmade no two are the same.

Would you rather have a new handmade old one or a CNC made new one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bach-7C-Trumpet-Mouthpiece-Mint-With-Original-Box-/143008527212?item=143008527212
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

russ jackson wrote:
And being handmade no two are the same.

Would you rather have a new handmade old one or a CNC made new one?

Personally and in general I would prefer the new CNC made one. But there is an exception and that are the modern made Bach 7C's.
Voltrane
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Vincent Bach Mt Vernon Mouthpiece Pic Heavy Reply with quote

russ jackson wrote:
It was actually $4.00 but I haggled it down.

Congratulations! Impressive...
russ jackson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Vincent Bach Mt Vernon Mouthpiece Pic Heavy Reply with quote

Voltrane wrote:
russ jackson wrote:
It was actually $4.00 but I haggled it down.

Congratulations! Impressive...

I will take it. It sold for $99.00. I will look out for them in the future. Thanks All!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: